30DS/Ripped in 30

Options
I have 30DS but I hate level one not a fan of push ups. I was wondering which one is easier they both seem intense but wanted to get some advice. It was difficult for me to get through the entire 30 days of 30DS so I wanted to try ripped in 30.

Replies

• MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS just did level 2 day 1.. NOT easy at all..hopefully the days get better for me..I would be starting ripped in 30 April 1..JM is no joke..
  • Missy5792
    Missy5792 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Stick with 30DS before moving onto Ripped. Trust me, it gets better!!! I finally finished 30DS and was so proud of myself and really noticed a difference in my endurance and strength. Ripped is no joke either! I would suggest finishing 30DS and then moving onto Ripped. If the push-ups are killer, then do the modified version!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did all of 30 DS the further levels have you do planks, which is worse. I am on week 3 of Ripped in 30 and suggest to those who may have trouble with 30 DS to stick with it before moving on. Ripped in 30 (to me) is more intense.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yes, finish Shred first. I am on week 2 of Ripped in 30 & would be really hurting if I had not done Shred first.
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I find the cardio portion of ripped easier than 30 DS. I like them both for different reasons.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 ds twice and i just moved onto ripped in 30 today. day 1 level 1. i did find it easy since i did 30ds... i was going to do 6-7 days of each level but i think i will only do 5 of level 1 since it was pretty easy. i liked it though.... what is the difference with the rest of the levels compared to 30ds?
  • Damnesia
    Damnesia Posts: 8
    Options
    http://hundredpushups.com/

That plan really helped me improve my pushups. I wasn't really increasing the amount I could do with 30DS, I still struggled even at the end of it, I'd barely noticed any improvement. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now, and I do the above plan every other day, it seems to be helping a lot more. It only takes a few minutes too.
  • Missy5792
    Missy5792 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found level 2 to be fairly easy because of doing 30DS before. Level 3 gets more difficult and Level 4 is a killer for me! It's doable though!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    If you hate push ups it's because they are hardest for you, which is exactly why you should do them more :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ripped in 30 is harder that 30 day shred. xP

you gotta suck it up and power through it if you want results.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i suck at the push ups too, i can start off doing the full method and then i have to change it over and do easy mode....
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stop doing it just because it's hard...That's kind of the point of it. Push past the difficult part...Giving up the easily will get you nowhere. & if you don't like level one because of the push ups you will really dislike level 2 then. I hate level 2 so much.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for level1 of 30 day shred but I liked level 2 better. I am on level3 now and April 6th is my last day of 30 day shred..=) I have never done ripped in 30. When I am done with 30 day shred I am doing banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones ( i think that is what they are called) I don't like pushups but I just switch from the easy to the hard ones on and off. Sometime you just got to force yourself to do it and get it over with so you can get the results you want. It the workout is hard don't stop doing it just try to do it and eventually you can do more and more of the work out.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    From what I hear, Ripped in 30 is an improved version of the 30day shred. I did Ripped in 30 without doing 30 day shred, and although it is tough, I found it doable. I rather be challenged sooner rather than later.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    http://hundredpushups.com/

That plan really helped me improve my pushups. I wasn't really increasing the amount I could do with 30DS, I still struggled even at the end of it, I'd barely noticed any improvement. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now, and I do the above plan every other day, it seems to be helping a lot more. It only takes a few minutes too.

This looks like just the kind of thing I need! Thank you!!