TRASH THE DRESS

Options
mcrmsi77
mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
So I have decided tpo help motivate myself to get to my goal weight I am planning a trash the dress photo session for myself when I get to my goal weight, I am going to take my old huge wedding dress and trash it in my new skinny wedding dress. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I could do to trash it!! I have been in a rut later and this is helping me get out of iT!!!!

Replies

• mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wear it to a Tough Mudder race. It'll get trashed and muddy for sure!
  • BingoWingo
    Options
    I am assuming that you are actually out to destroy the dress.right? Let's see you could set it on fire, like a good ole fashined bra burning??
    I bet whatever you do, you'll feel pretty awesome when its over!

Good luck
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yes I want to destroy it lol!!!! But I still wanna look hot in my skinny dress lol (dont want to get the new dress dirty or anything like that!)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Brilliant idea!!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Do the Tough Mudder race in the old dress, have someone take a pic, enlarge the pic and have another pic taken of you all glammed up in the new dress holding the pic of you at the race.

Best of both worlds.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Unless you're happily divorced or want to be.. don't trash your wedding dress.. it holds precious memories
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options

Brilliant idea!!!

Love this!

Tye dye it

Wear it during paintball, but that would hurt
    or...fill water balloons with paint/food coloring and have a big balloon fight with friends.

Hook it to 2 cars and pull it apart hehe

Use it to set a bonfire? LOL
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I had a friend do a photo shoot where she was throwing paint all over it as she was tearing if off of her,.. i think it was more of a .. hey I left the *kitten* kinda thing but you could incorporate it into a losing weight thing as well.
  • bhall33
    bhall33 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
  • ceh2433
    ceh2433 Posts: 35
    Options
    I like the tie dye suggestion!!! get it cut down to a dress that you would love today, dye it and wear it out!
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    BUMP
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    could donate it to one of ur mfps who may be that size and looking for a dress lol thats not trashing in a bad way , but it is getting it outa ur life and making someone else happy :)
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    during a photo shoot lay across train tracks, sit on hay bales, wear bright rubber boots and pose in a swamp. Get really creative on all your locations. I do like the paint ball idea as well. I think it would be fun if you spent a whoe day doing activities like playing tennis, go bowling,skate boarding,trampoline etc

http://media.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images2/TTD/11.jpg

http://www.maxwellphotography.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_7496-2.jpg

http://www.jillianbphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/TTD.Kristen-097.jpg
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, please take pictures and SHARE!!
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I love trash the dress photoshoots and my favorite that I've seen was shot on a beach. Her husband donned his suit and they did the photos together which was really nice.

Think photos of waves crashing around the two of you holding hands and rolling around in the sand. It looked awesome.

I've also seen some at a rainforest type location with a waterfall which looked beautiful.

Depends if you want to trash the dress by ripping/setting fire to/paint etc or if you want to trash it by getting photos done in locations that would end up trashing your dress?

Have fun!
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love this :) You could do a paint splatter..
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I photographed a trash the prom dress shoot with a group of teens. We did it on the beach, under the pier & in the water.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saw one photo shot that was a trash the dress and it was really cute and fun I though, they had brought in 2 twin girls and had a chocolate fountain with fruit and they had the bride eating a chocolate covered strawberry with chocolate dripping off onto the dress and then the 2 kids were running around with sticks (kabob like) with marshmellows and other fruit and "accidently" whipping up againist the dress and getting chocolate everywhere. It was fun and playful!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My niece and here friend who both married loser's and got divorced after about two years had a bonfire and burned theirs. They are both happily married to great guys now.
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I think that is freaking brilliant!! I want to do that! I got married last July and I told my husband that once I get to my goal weight I wanted us to renew our vows on the beach so I can be the beautiful thin bride in a dress I really love! I think trashing my old dress while wearing my new one would make for amazing pictures!! I havent really heard any ideas that pertain to that though. Most of the ideas I read require wearing the dress and hopefully I wont be anywhere near able to wear it again! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!