Victorious Victoria Day Fitness Challenge April 11th

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Here's to yelping butts! :drinker:

I didn't do BL yesterday. I thought about it, and I wanted to do spin today. As it is only my second spin class, I thought it best to be in top condition.

I did 50 min elliptical and Yoga Core Cross Train. Sounds like a hard yoga practice right? Nope. I bought it unreviewed and unwatched - because it was Rodney Yee and 60 minutes. Well the 60 minutes is split into 30 minutes of core and 30 minutes restorative. Then when doing the tape, I had to check and make sure I wasn't doing the restorative part - yep, it was that easy. Oh well, so it goes.

I noticed something doing the elliptical and HRM. In the beginning of the workout, the two are way off, but come close together (as a percent, they are still off in numbers) the longer the workout. Not sure what this means. I also noticed that I can walk uphill, with relative ease for the same number of calories on the elliptical when I'm working hard. Not sure what this means either. So it goes.

Happy Weekend!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Here's to yelping butts! :drinker:

I didn't do BL yesterday. I thought about it, and I wanted to do spin today. As it is only my second spin class, I thought it best to be in top condition.

I did 50 min elliptical and Yoga Core Cross Train. Sounds like a hard yoga practice right? Nope. I bought it unreviewed and unwatched - because it was Rodney Yee and 60 minutes. Well the 60 minutes is split into 30 minutes of core and 30 minutes restorative. Then when doing the tape, I had to check and make sure I wasn't doing the restorative part - yep, it was that easy. Oh well, so it goes.

I noticed something doing the elliptical and HRM. In the beginning of the workout, the two are way off, but come close together (as a percent, they are still off in numbers) the longer the workout. Not sure what this means. I also noticed that I can walk uphill, with relative ease for the same number of calories on the elliptical when I'm working hard. Not sure what this means either. So it goes.

Happy Weekend!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Going for a walk today. Hoping for 60 minutes. We'll see what happens!
    tgif!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Keep the HRM reports coming, Mary -- so interesting. Who knows what it all means...lol.

Great day yesterday -- I swam for 30 minutes, did BL cardio for 20, and 20 of Carmen's "Fit to Strip" (basically just a core / stretching workout).

I read in Men's Fitness that one should be able to swim is 18 laps continuously. Yesterday I managed 10 nonstop which is the most I've ever done. I tried out a bunch of their suggestions as far as using your whole body instead of just arms and legs and it was a big help.

Only problem was, I'm RAVENOUS when I finish and last night I ate almost a cup of raw trail mix. I was still under my calories, but I felt like I was getting back in out-of-control mindless eating territory.

The good news is I went out with friends and while they got loaded I sipped on some soda water, so I saved empty calories there.

Today my plan is:
    1. Stretch before checking email (done this)
    2. 40 min bike ride
    3. 30 min arms/ abs workout
    4. Eat breakfast, eat slowly and mindfully
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Well-the good weather seems to have gone away already. Cold, wet & rainy here. It was 65 yesterday and only 37 today-Ugh...

I did my Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn today and will be taking the weekend off again. I will go back to The BL Cardio Max next week.

TGIF & have a nice weekend all!:drinker:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Well today I had to collect mario kart wii for my son day of release and with the shortage I needed to be at the shops early so with a few other errands to do that was the morning gone.

Had every intention of doing core secrets 25 min total body this affy and a friend dropped round at lunch and then another friend in a crisis needed an ear to listen to her so that has been the afternoon gone and I haven't even walked the dog yet and its time for dinner I will probably get out after we have eaten it has stopped raining at last and we have a nice evening. Don't think I will get time to do core secrets though I may have to postpone till tomorrow morning.

But if Ican't find time to support a friend in need then what kind of person would I be.

Have a gr8 weekend everybody.