Cravings getting me!

Options
For the first time tonight, I have realized one I have a problem, with eating, and second how out of shape I have become! I have gotten down to eating tablespoons of chocolate buttercream icing out of the tub to get something sweet to eat, to satisfy my sweet craving. And after 30 min on the treadmill, I am wore out! I really do need to get back on track! Any one know of any good sweet snacks?

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I love the 90 calorie fiber one brownies. They are so chocolatey and moist, not like a fiber bar at all.
  • Joshlsr225
    Options
    The Special K bars are a delight (90 calories).
    But my absolute favorite sweet snack are the caramel rice cakes by Quaker. (only 50 cals each!)
    good luck.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned half-the-fat froyo (frozen yogurt) :happy:
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    Half a medium cantaloupe is around 100 calories. Nature Valley granola thins with the chocolate on top are only 80 calories but I have quit buying them cause I can't eat just one. Some chocolate protein powder, frozen banana and Greek yogurt blended into a shake is fabulous!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    One or two Hershey's Special Dark Kisses, only 20 calories each. Usually one is enough...
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I second the Fiber One 90 calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownie. MMMMmmmm!!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fruit! and Chocolate of course. I just snacked on 1/2 a mango, 3 hershey kisses and I'm about to enjoy a cup of chamomile tea. Perfect way wind down an evening.

real frozen fruit bars, like edy's or whole foods brand are good and around 80-110 calories depending on fruit and brand.
  • jrmckee
    jrmckee Posts: 15
    Options
    I have a really bad sweet tooth also, I usually eat the Skinny Cow Ice Cream it is amazing! I also eat the 100 cal Oreo bar, Light Vanilla wafers and sometimes when they won't do I will eat a single snack size candy bar {not the best, but better than eating a regular one:) } I am currently within 2lbs of my goal weight so I can confirm that these sweets do help the cravings without ruining your progress. FYI I stopped doing my fitness pal for 2 years (gained back my weight) and started back again in Dec.'11 and have managed to lose 20lbs since then. :)
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Jell-O chocolate mousse cups :) 60 delicious calories.
  • jlalove
    jlalove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make a drink with Unsweetened cocoa and hot water, add stevia to taste. Some like cayenne. Doesn't sound great but after time, it becomes a go to, is good for you and you get used to it.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have cravings for something sweet ...ALOT ..I used to be a big ice cream eater but this recipe has honestly been the best thing I have found for me personally because it saves me a TON of cals.. I hope you like it I make it ALL the time.. YUMM:bigsmile:

You take a ripe banana and cut it into 1/2 peices and stick them on a plate and put them in the freezer for at least a hour.( I do mine overnight)
    once frozen take them out and put them in a food processor and start chopping.. it takes a few mins and it will turn into a "gravel" type mix but keep chopping and it will eventually turn into a soft serve ice cream texture...for me it takes about 3-5 mins.
    once it is all smooth you can add any toppings you want.. my fav is a tbs of homemade peanutbutter... or fresh/frozen strawberries.
    you then blend it all together and enjoy!! :drinker: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, blackberries raspberries, Dannon lite and fit yogurt vanilla or peach, Pinata apples , honey crisp apples, jolly rancher 23 cals in one, clementine oranges,
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like to eat peaches and strawberries with cool whip, I like skinny cow ice cream cones, and I just bought TCBY ice cream but I have not tried it.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I used to get massive sugar cravings. I decided to reduce my sugar and carbs (not low carb but not too high) and increase my protein and I really don't crave sweets that much.

I never thought I'd be able to say that but it's true :smile:
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I second the Fiber One 90 calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownie. MMMMmmmm!!

I third it....sooo good
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Fruit, greek yogurt with Splenda