any breastfeeding mamas out there??

Options
I am still nursing my 19month DD and just now discovered how to add "breastfeeding" to my journal to adjust calories. Using this application in the past was a little discouraging before because I knew I needed more calories. I need some support from other moms out there in my same situation :0)

Replies

• 8kidsmom
    8kidsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    Yes, I am. I have breasfeed 7 kiddos and am still feeding one, only at bedtime and naptime, so I am not using the calories, but I know a lot about it. I sent you a friend request.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I am, i have a 9 week old girl. After having breakfast it tells me i have used all my calories for the day. (I never feel satisfied after eating i want to eat more)
  • sistergoddess
    Options
    EBF my 8 month old daughter and I cannot figure out how to add to my calories.. Feel free to add me!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing a 14 month old. I just have my goal set to 1lb per week and never add the calories for BF'ing to my diary. Maybe I'll try that though.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Currently EBF my 9 month old boy. He is eating some solids, but he's a boob fiend who still nurses quite a bit throughout the day and night, so I add 375 calories to my daily goal.

I'm also a breastfeeding peer counselor for WIC - love my job!

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • cmgt7
    cmgt7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am currently breastfeeding my 6 week old baby. This is my third baby, I breastfed the other two for 15 months each. I find I do not need the extra calories once they are older (on solids and sleeping through the night), but this early I definitely need more calories. How do I add breastfeeding to my journal??
  • shilohae
    shilohae Posts: 23
    Options
    I am just now starting to count my calories and my DD is almost 20 months. You really need to have at least 500 extra calories when you're nursing especially in the beginning :0)
  • shilohae
    shilohae Posts: 23
    Options
    that is awesome :0)