another c25k question (days off)

Options
wondering what everyone does on the days in between runs. i am on week 5 and run m,w and f. was doing turbo jam, but my legs werent getting any rest and hurting like crazy. thanks in advance!

Replies

• ksquared0710
    ksquared0710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I run Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday...Monday and Wednesday I lift arms, back, chest, etc. using P90X to give my legs a break.

On Fridays I do the P90X leg work out so I have Saturday to recoup. Hope it helps!
  • t4bz
    t4bz Posts: 4
    Options
    For runners, it is good to try to find something that isn't so tough on the legs. Certain types (not all) of aerobics can be tough on them, and stairmasters can be as well. Stationary bikes and street bikes can be good, as can swimming (although it can be tough to find a pool). Both are great for cardio.

I do interval training at the gym...stationary bike followed by circuit weight training with very little rest between sets.
  • cbascomb83
    cbascomb83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same question. Thanks for asking!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    im in week 2, so i just started but i'm doing c25k m, w, f and then doing my weights for p90x on t, th, sa with sunday being xstretch ( and sometimes a HIIT work out).

the only reason i'm doing it this way is because my gym has pool hours 10-2 m and w and i can take my littles swimming when i'm done with the c25k.
  • NateDad
    NateDad Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm doing P90X and C25K (basically the Doubles routine from P90X - adding running to the weightlifting days). Didn't realize so many other people are doing similar things :)

Weight lifting is definitely a good idea on off days. I do really like the weight routines in P90X, even if they are super hard. And even the leg exercises aren't too bad after running, since P90X mostly works your quads, which don't get as much of a workout when running as your hamstrings.
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing c25k and I swim and bike on my days in between. Swimming is easier on the legs!
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm doing kettlebell intervals on non run days.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do c25k on mwf and a strength class at my gym on tth. I take saturday and sunday off mainly because our weekends have been so jam packed that I can't fit a workout in.
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm doing c25k every second day. I do Jillian michaels 30 day shred almost every day.
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks everyone for the help!! I wish I still had my p90x. They have spin class t-th maybe I'll try that and some weight training.