YO! please critique my plan....

Options
meeulk
meeulk Posts: 246 Member
SW: 190
CW: 184
GW: 140

I'm 34. Female. 5"6". I hate Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

My BMR is 1606 and my TDEE is 2489 and I'm netting (including eating back exercise cals) 1800-2000 calories a day. I'm also eating a higher protein diet. carbs/ fat/protein 30/30/40. Can I expect to lose about a pound a week? It's an approximate 500 cal deficit.

I'm lifting heavy 4 days a week with 30 minutes of cardio each of these days, and from what I understand I will only KEEP my lean muscle mass... not necessarily build muscle. true or false?

Suggestions? Changes? Corrections? if I keep doing this.. will I lose fat and gain muscle? <--- obvious goal.

be gentle with me. I'm new.

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well it sound like a great plan :) and you will probably have some newbie muscle gain. Use the measuring tape :)
    good luck
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Bump, because I'd like to read any responses you get.

Although I will tell you that from everything I've read on here and in my NROL4W book, if you are heavy lifting 4x a week, you should be building muscle as long as you are consuming enough protein to do so. Supposedly the ratio is 1 g of protein for every lb of lean mass.

But of course I'm just starting, so all my knowledge is academic. I'd love to read the responses you get from the gals who have actually done it :)
  • NateDad
    NateDad Posts: 55
    Options
    500 calorie deficit per day should lose you a pound a week, yup. Lifting will help you tone up, firm up, and look sporty rather than just skinny. Since you're a woman, you can lift all day and not build more than a very moderate amount of lean muscle, so no need to worry there. Generally, the only way women get "bodybuilder" style bodies is through steroids....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hey it sounds like a great plan. it's similar to what I'm doing (which is why i think it's great :laugh: ) and i'm losing about 1.5-2 lbs a week.

i'm also doing NROL4W. i think you can gain muscle (even if you are eating at a deficit) as long as you're eating enough protein
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Well it sound like a great plan :) and you will probably have some newbie muscle gain. Use the measuring tape :)
    good luck

Listen to Yanicka. :D