Friends Needed

Options
I am trying my best to do this...but keep cheating. I need some friends to tell me I'm being ridiculous! ANY TAKERS?

Replies

• vivo
    vivo Posts: 80
    Options
    I know what you mean I keep doing it too! I'M UP FOR IT, I'dd add you
  • gand3
    gand3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would be happy to be a friend. Maybe that would help me stop cheating also
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How are we going to know you are cheating when your Food Diary is not viewable. You need to change your Privacy Setting so we can help you!! Not being bossy - just being honest!! If this is going to work you - have to record everything and make it so we can see what you are doing!! YOu may not want me as a friend !! lol
  • gaet0011
    gaet0011 Posts: 20
    Options
    How are we going to know you are cheating when your Food Diary is not viewable. You need to change your Privacy Setting so we can help you!! Not being bossy - just being honest!! If this is going to work you - have to record everything and make it so we can see what you are doing!! YOu may not want me as a friend !! lol

I didn't know I could do that! Accountability is what I need :smile:
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    I just started this not long ago. I have not cheated yet and I won't! If you want someone to be accountable to, I'll help you. I may not have cheated yet and I won't, but I need someone to support me and say I'm doing a good job. Encouragement...this journey takes time and I am very impatient. If you want and are serious about this journey, I will help if you add me. Just be forewarned...I am VERY serious about losing weight and if you want to lose weight as well I will not mince words. I'll help you get your rear in gear if you like! =)
  • nikki0960
    nikki0960 Posts: 13
    Options
    you can add me as well, I keep the guys at work in line,, i help my finace run an automotive business.,,, so yeah use me
    :wink:
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No cheating for me yet in almost three weeks but there will be a day when I want to and I could use a kick in the but too. Add me and we can kick each other's butt's. lol.
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    Add me also if you like. Only been here a short time but my GF and I have been up and down. I like this paln and the stories of support are great also.
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I didn't know I could do that! Accountability is what I need :smile:

Go to settings at the very top of your screen - once on that screen - find Diary settings - go all the way to the bottom and change your privacy level - I have mine set to friends only - that way my friends can see what I am eating. However if you are going to Messageboard alot - then you may want to make it public. There are a LOT of people on this site willing to look at what you are doing and help you. I am still learning myself, good friends on here really make a difference. Also too may friends can be counterproductive - how can you really be a goodfriend with over 100 friends!! Just my thought!!
  • kilime50
    kilime50 Posts: 37
    Options
    you sound like you have made some serious diet restrictions on yourself.- Instead of beating yourself up add the cheats into your daily allowance for now but balance them with some activity, for instance, if you feel like you have to have something sweet have it but add on enough physical activity to burn those calories.Feel free to add me if you like
  • steffers96
    steffers96 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well: steffers96

Im not a cheater at all - my husband says he actually thinks I'm addicted to working out and eating healthy! LOL! Plus, all my food and exercise diaries are available for my friends to look at to keep me accountable. ;)
  • marlive
    marlive Posts: 1
    Options
    Greetings everyone, I'm a newbie here!

I discovered the MFP app a week ago and I'm so-o-o-o-o glad that I did!

I started my weight lost journey Jan 27, 2012 right after all my yearly physical -- YIKES!

In a nutshell, my doctor told me if I intend to run, jump, play and see my grandchildren grow up and become adults, I needed to make some lifestyle changes right now. So I made the decision on Jan 27, 2012, that a change for me was going to come. It hasn't been easy, but nothing ever is, if it is worth having.

So here I am! I've actually lost some pounds before I discovered this mobile app and network but I will continue my weight loss journey right here with YOU!
  • mld2003
    mld2003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Feel free to add me, I could use the motivation, helping keep others on track will help me because I don't want to be a hypocrite
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Never have cheat, only have an added item to your diary! Work hard to stay below your calories/carbs and above your protein... Train your body to love the foods that are good for you, and to process those occasional foods that you love the right way so they don't haunt you in the future.
  • gaet0011
    Options
    Never have cheat, only have an added item to your diary! Work hard to stay below your calories/carbs and above your protein... Train your body to love the foods that are good for you, and to process those occasional foods that you love the right way so they don't haunt you in the future.

I like this idea! I'm always over my protein and generally speaking not TOO far over my carbs. But I'm a carb junkie. That's the hardest part for me.
  • frostymom3
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have been doing this since late January and i have lost 13 lbs so far. i am learning from another friend of mine some cool tips i would love to share with you. its not easy but if you lie on here you are only fooling yourself. i could use a little more encouragement myself
  • gaet0011
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have been doing this since late January and i have lost 13 lbs so far. i am learning from another friend of mine some cool tips i would love to share with you. its not easy but if you lie on here you are only fooling yourself. i could use a little more encouragement myself

I definitely never lie. I always write everything down and I don't fudge the diary. I learned how big of a mistake that is when I went through weight watchers in the past. I promise one thing...my diary will always be accurate.