Any other college students out there?

Options

Replies

• xrayk8te
    xrayk8te Posts: 16
    Options
    It doesnt help being on a student budget either! Feel free to add me:) Id enjoy sharing tips for healthy choices!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Yes mam! Pre-med right here :):) Emergency Medicine. I guess I can't practice saving people if I can't save myself, right? :)
  • Khakkigirl
    Options
    I'm a college student! I just started on here, and I could use some fellow college friends. Feel free to add me!

It's tough to avoid the campus junk food... :/ Let's motivate each other!
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    It doesnt help being on a student budget either! Feel free to add me:)

haha I completely agree ! I'm a full time college student also :)
  • malmaimez
    Options
    Class of 2012. :) Not a college student for long haha.
    I'm at Michigan State and am a French major with two minors and a secondary education specialization
    = SUPER busy

Anyways my case is that my homework load has kept me from doing little to no exercise and over the past couple years I've gained about 30 lbs (all the beer didn't help either ;D ).

Trying to get back in shape slowly but surely. :D
  • ashisashortone
    ashisashortone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in college too! I'm in my last year (hopefully) and what with work and school it is very hard to find time to eat. We don't have very many healthy options on campus so I have to literally plan out everything I'm gonna eat the night before and pack all my food for the day. (i'm on campus 12 hours a day m-th) It is doable though! Feel free to add me!
  • destiniwells
    Options
    I'm just finishing my second year of law school. Hoping to reach my goal weight by graduation next May :)
  • germ881
    germ881 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In my last semester of graduate school if that counts?I lost the freshmen 15 my first year in undergrad but grad school made up for that because I gained 12 last semester. I work 40+ hours/week between my job and internship, and take 4 courses a semester so my days usually go from 7a-10p. Didn't have time to think about exercising and eating right...was just trying to maintain my sanity lol. Luckily I've lost the weight using MFP since January. Biggest factor was packing my food for the day .

If only I could learn to love exercise...
  • zipposrevelation
    zipposrevelation Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshman biomedical engineering/pre-med major. =)
  • breanndavis_00
    Options
    I am a senior this year with one semester left! Feel free to add me if any of you would like! Best wishes and good luck :)
  • Maleficent89
    Options
    i am full time student too and yea the freshman 15 hit me with full force... i thought it was just a myth lol but i'm looking to stay motivated so feel free to add me
  • nicoleallman
    Options
    College kid here! Graduating in December of this year with my BS in Agribusiness! It's very tough to focus on school, work, exercise, and eating healthy. Also, to add to all of this, I'm planning a wedding for August 11th! Good luck to everyone and feel free to friend me!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    In my last semester of graduate school if that counts?I lost the freshmen 15 my first year in undergrad but grad school made up for that because I gained 12 last semester. I work 40+ hours/week between my job and internship, and take 4 courses a semester so my days usually go from 7a-10p. Didn't have time to think about exercising and eating right...was just trying to maintain my sanity lol. Luckily I've lost the weight using MFP since January. Biggest factor was packing my food for the day .

If only I could learn to love exercise...

You are incredible!!! I wish I have the nerve to try more than one class a semester!!
    Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will enjoy being on the other side of it!!
  • eattherude
    eattherude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Heya, finishing my final year of Uni right here....which is stressful beyond belief!! Always happy to make new friends :) I lost a fair bit of weight in my first year...though that was mainly due to lack of money and a very bad habit of not bothering to make food when I didn't want to deal with crappy flatmates...trying again a more healthy way this time though :)
  • thenugester36
    Options
    I'm a college student! Taking 19-20 hours of classes and fitting in appropriate meals on a budget can be rough!
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm a college senior feel free to add me!
  • Stephanieeeezy
    Stephanieeeezy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sophmore!
  • shonovo
    shonovo Posts: 104
    Options
    hi i am new here... been trying to lose weight my whole life. i am also a college student and i work... so busy but i need to make time to get healthy already! i need all the support i can get, i am very good at giving support, not so good and taking my own advice though! please feel free to add me :)!
  • Chico407
    Chico407 Posts: 1
    Options
    College student studying psychology here as well, between classes and work it becomes difficult to find time for the gym and to be healthy. Would like to add friends on here for motivation and advice!!
  • RobS4632
    RobS4632 Posts: 4
    Options
    College senior here....nursing major.

I'll second what the pre-med major said - it's hard to take care of others if you're not taking care of yourself.