Day one!

Options
Ok So my doctor has told me that if i don't do something about my health at 47 i might have trouble seeing 57. DINGDINGDING--Ok wake up call! so here i am starting over again relearning everything that i have forgotten which is how to eat & excercise.

So here goes, Day one.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • 2kaizen
    2kaizen Posts: 64
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! This site helps with the learning curve for sure for sure. Here's to raising a glass on your 57th birthday and the many more to follow.:drinker:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Your find losts of support and help here!!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome and BRAVO!!!:flowerforyou: :love:

For taking a first step to better health!
    Everybody here is very supportive
    and FUN! especially me! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Best of luck to you! You can do it! :drinker:
  • lobosydberke
    Options
    Well, Thank you all for the words of encouragement.
  • lmalrey
    lmalrey Posts: 4
    Options
    Stay motivated and take what your Doc says seriously. My mom is 63 and has had 4 heart attacks. Her Doc told her after the first to stop smoking, start walking 30 minutes a day and start watching what she eats. Well, 3 heart attacks later her heart is to damaged to fix, so every day is borrowed time. Good luck and let me know if I can do anything to help.

Best,
    LMalrey
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Remember it is not dieting that will get you to your health and weight loss goals. It is changing your eating habits to eat "clean calories", exercise and weight training. Set a small goal- like to loose 5 pounds over 6 weeks and see how you do. Have faith.
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Remember it is not dieting that will get you to your health and weight loss goals. It is changing your eating habits to eat "clean calories", exercise and weight training. Set a small goal- like to loose 5 pounds over 6 weeks and see how you do. Have faith.