Feeling Discouraged.

Options
I've been eating my calories at the right amount. I've been walking 2.5 miles a day and no matter what I do I cant lose anymore weight. I've lost 13lbs and thats about it. I'm starting to discouraged but I don't wanna fall off the wagon. Can anyone give me any ideas or help?!

Replies

• juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Change up your routine. I did it and in the first week of my change, I lost 4 lbs. I stalled at 29 lbs. lost for two straight weeks. I upped my calorie intake (changed my weekly weight loss to 1.5, instead of 2 lbs./wk.), encorporated another two days of exercise 30 minutes each), and stopped eating my exercise calories. Your body is getting use to what you are doing, shock it by changing it up a bit. Nothing drastic, just subtle change and give it a week. See what it does for you, if still no change...change it a little more.

Also, are you taking measurements? In those two weeks I didn't lose, I got discouraged too. I had taken my measurements two weeks prior and took them again and although I hadn't lost any "pounds", I had lost 6.75 inches. How are your clothes feeling? Do you feel good, like you've lost even though the scale says differently?

Don't let it get you down. Stick with it, change your plan and stay POSITIVE!!! You can do it! :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You need to push yourself harder during your workouts!!
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Stick with it hun. You've just hit a plateau and you'll break through it. Try shaking up your exercise routine a bit. Maybe add some strength exercises. Adding muscle will boost your metabolism. Also try adding some brief periods of high intensity anaerobic activity to your walks. This will also help jack up your metabolism. Best of luck hun!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Find something more challenging then your usual walk at least 3x a week. Jump rope, swim, sprint for 30 seconds every 3 minutes of walking, or take a fun cardio class at the gym (if you have a membership). My favorite is Turbo Kick Boxing. Burns almost my entire days worth of calories and I have a lot of fun doing it.

Don't get discouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I agree! Change up your workouts. I get the best results the first week of doing something new.
    Make sure you are not over estimating calories burned and under estimating food.
    Stick with it. You can do it.
  • adorabledonna
    Options
    You might also increase your water intake. That will help those fat cells right out of your system!
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    do you weigh and measure your food to be sure you are getting what you put in. Your body is in a rut. try a new exercise, ride a bike, jog, a work out DVD jump rope. Add planks, sit ups, push ups. you need to trick your body. you can get there :)
  • ff1diver
    ff1diver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights!!!
  • mrreyes
    mrreyes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cardio! workout videos from Jillian Michaels are great!
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You might also increase your water intake. That will help those fat cells right out of your system!

Fat cells never leave your system naturally. They just empty.
  • cristielea
    Options
    The best thing i have found frpm previous experience is to change your routine and add a different excercise in. Keep up the great work though
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Try FAT BURN SOUP..... I found the recipe on this site. Works wonders!!!
  • SirBeechBum
    Options
    All these replies are awesome and I think right on the money...

SmileyGoodLuck.gif
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Are you eating at least your BMR and then your exercise calories?
  • tpeacoe1
    tpeacoe1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Sorry, I havent been on since yesterday and when I checked only a few had commented back but now I have a lot! So I am eating my calories which in the system they say 1350 calories. I have a hypothyroidism problem, so maybe thats it. Its hard because were stationed in Germany, so I would LOVE to go swimming but I wouldn't even know how to do that here. The gym offers classes and I think Im gonna start taking one. Thanks for all the advice guys!
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The gym offers classes and I think Im gonna start taking one. Thanks for all the advice guys!

YES YES! Take some classes at your gym. I exercised for years and years with no results, but it wasn't until I started taking classes (boot camps, lift, step) that I started to see results and feel stronger.
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just jump in the pool and flap your arms and legs. Germans go swimming too!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    r u taking meds for your hypothyriodism...I have that too and on synthriod and been on normal range for the last 2 years...You should also go see a doc and make sure all ur hormones are leveled and all that good stuff...I try to watch my carb and sodium intake..and drink lots of water. I excercise 5-6x's a week. with insanity and 30 DS...it's kicking my butt...I'm losing inches, but not numbers...I get discouraged sometimes too...but I remember that slow and steady wins the race...good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!