where are my runners!?

Options
Lopezc75
Lopezc75 Posts: 12 Member
Caught the running bug and can't shake it off! Feeling the HULK in me! last month I ran my first 1/2 marathon...looking for more amazing runs.

Replies

• BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy running. I am using it along with tennis as the core of my weight loss currently! I am aiming to do a marathon in May 2013. Lots of work to be done before that though!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm running the 500 Mini Marathon in May, baby!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    There are a few running groups you could join too!

I also have the running bug, I am signed up for two halfs so far this year and a crap ton of smaller races.

Welcome!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    hee hee - just have to say it, your post title looked like you lost your runners :laugh:
  • TEENASAUR
    TEENASAUR Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tina and I'm an 18 year old highschool student.
    I enjoy running on the treadmill at my local YMCA. I always strive to run faster and for a longer duration! I feel so accomplished when I do so.
    It feels really good to step off and have a sense of success!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Lovely to meet other runners :) Feel free to friend me!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I run. :) Been doing it since high school, and have a few races planned this year, including a 5mi, 5 and 10K, and a half marathon. Feel free to add me! :)
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Caught the running bug and can't shake it off! Feeling the HULK in me!

NIIIIICE! Did you feel kind of like this:

hulktinafey.jpg
  • TEENASAUR
    TEENASAUR Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow that's really great! Good luck on those :D
  • kywh
    kywh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am training for the AZ Ironman in November, so I have been running at least one "big" race a month--Full marathon in Jan, Ragnar in Feb, 1/2 marathon in Mar, 1/2 Iron tri in April, full marathon in May, full marathon in July, 1/2 in November. That's what I have planned so far anyway! :smile:
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am a runner and I run 6 days a week . I will be running in my first 5k on Sunday , so excited . To me , running is a passion and it does not feel like working out at all . Sometimes I run for an hour straight and just go into another world , listening to my music . What a runners high that is . I really admire the Kenyan runners in the marathons , wow , they are amazing athletes.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've been running a little over a year...I've run a few 5ks, a couple 10ks, a half marathon, and I'm training for two more half marathons and some other upcoming races...and I'm grumpy when I don't run. Love to talk to other runners!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've just started running (I'm on c25k week 5) but already have finished my first 5k and am doing a 4 mile race on April 7! I'm still building up to actually running the whole of them, but I've definitely caught the runners bug as well!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I love running Ive ran, not officially but distance, 1/2 marathon been running almost 2 years now. Been thinking about doing a race just have not yet. I can easily do a 10K, as I run 8 miles 4-5X a week (bragging a little here) I also can do 1/2 marathon. Ive know ppl who have trained to meet a goal and when that goal was met that was that. Gues im afraid if I set a goal to do a particular run then that will be that.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Pick me! LOL! I love running. I mainly do it because, well, I like it. I run 3x a week on the treadmill and it's only a bit over 3 miles but that's because my daily cardio is 30 minutes. There's really only one race that I do and it's in the summer time. It's the Litchfield Hills Road Race and it's typically on the hottest day of the year. The husband and I are going to start training for it next week. We live in a pretty hilly area so it'll be good training for this race since the last mile is this huge hill that's been named one of the top toughest hills on a race course. I've only done one half marathon. Toyed with doing a full but in all honesty I hated training for the half. I did not like being forced to run and if I missed my long run on the weekend I was forced to do it on the treadmill during the week. Ten+ miles on a treadmill is no fun!

I like to set goals for myself with races and then when I meet those goals I'll set new ones for the following year. I'd really love to do the LHRR in an hour (or less) and I know I can it's just getting the right program and training in to actually accomplish that.