Body Monitors

Options
I have heard of Body Bugg and a few others, but I can't remember all the names of what is out there. I'd like to do some research and find out how each one works and what others think, but I need to know the names ;) LOL

And if anyone can share their opinion and experience with them that would be great!

Thanks!
Ronney

16009308.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• RonneyMichelle
    RonneyMichelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Bodymedia is the parent company of bodybugg (they licensed it to anytime fitness)..They sell the bodymedia fit. I just got it last week and so far it's showing my non exercise days as higher than what I had thought my maintenance was (on deload so I haven't had an accurate gym day yet).
  • RonneyMichelle
    Options
    Which one did you get? I am comparing them on their website and I'm not seeing much of a difference except price between the Core, Link and the other one. Which is the best?

Thank you!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this as well, but I am imagining that none of these monitors will be useful for calculating the calories I burn up when cycling ?
  • RonneyMichelle
    Options
    bump again :)
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have had the Bugg for a long time and switched to the BodyMedia FIT Link - it is the one that communicates with smart phones through bluetooth. That is a feature I find I never use so if I had it to do again I would buy the "CORE" unit as it is about 1/3 smaller than the Bugg/Link devices.

But - both BodyBugg and the BodyMedia have a subscription needed to access and store the info
  • RonneyMichelle
    Options
    Would you say it is worth the money? Any of them? My brother bought one awhile back and used it for a few months and now doesn't use it. I'd ask to borrow it but long story short we're not speaking right now, LOL
    Anyway, I'm curious as to if it would help me much or just be another fun gadget.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Have BodyMedia Fit Core. Worth every penny (cheaper from Costco). Love knowing what I'm burning all day. Makes me so much more self aware, and easier to calculate the calories I need to eat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Have a Bodybugg and it was always accurate for me for the 2 years I used it. Still have it, but got fed up with paying a monthly fee.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RonneyMichelle
    Options
    I ordered one from Amazon. Just so everyone who is interested knows I found Amazon to be the cheapest. Rightn now, the Link version is $179.99 through body media but Amazon has it for 149.99. I have little patience right now and upgraded to 2 day shipping for a little over $10 and will have it by Saturday. You can though get free shipping from Amazon. On Body Media you pay for shipping and tax. So it's a lot cheaper on Amazon.
    They also have extended warranties available if you're interested.
    Thanks for the info people :)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I ordered one from Amazon. Just so everyone who is interested knows I found Amazon to be the cheapest. Rightn now, the Link version is $179.99 through body media but Amazon has it for 149.99. I have little patience right now and upgraded to 2 day shipping for a little over $10 and will have it by Saturday. You can though get free shipping from Amazon. On Body Media you pay for shipping and tax. So it's a lot cheaper on Amazon.

Good choice, I'm really loving my bodymedia fit link. I've had it for almost a week and I love seeing what I am burning. On a non-active day I am usually burning more than 2000 calories. I track my food on here and put my calories into the bodymedia fit web page in a lump sum.
  • RonneyMichelle
    Options
    That is awesome. I can't wait to get mine. I'm excited now :)

16009308.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Good choice, I'm really loving my bodymedia fit link. I've had it for almost a week and I love seeing what I am burning. On a non-active day I am usually burning more than 2000 calories. I track my food on here and put my calories into the bodymedia fit web page in a lump sum.