Lose it.com vs MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Seems to be a bit higher calorie-wise for me over at Loseit.com I'm sticking with MFP

Is this because they base your calories on TDEE including planned exercise? MFP ignores your planned exercise, which is why it adds them back in for you to eat. either way it should get you to roughly the same place, as long as you burn near what your goal burn is.

MFP ignores planned excercise? How come it asks me un my fitnes goals how many times i plan to work out?

I am new to MFP as well. I have tried lots of calorie counting sites. Had lots of sucess with my daily plate before they changed it all up, then tried lose it, now MFP. It does seem like you can eat lots more with lose it, but I'm not sure why. I do not belive it is because they are incorporating exercise already, becuase when you input your activity it adds it back to what you eat as well.
  • meliaah
    meliaah Posts: 13
    Options
    Lose it tells you when you're going to lose the weight by, provided you follow the projected calorie intake and exercise appropriately.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have the loseit app, but I quit using it after a week.
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've been using loseit for a year now. I was/am very attached to it.
    I just joined MFP this week and I love it here...trying very hard to abandon Losit, but the food counter on this site is different, and it tells me that I'm going to weight more than what I weigh now in 5 weeks from now....I don't get it.

So I might continue using losit for my food tracking, but use MFP for tips, tricks, motivation.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like loseit report better.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I used LoseIt before I found MFP. I used both for a while but I have since left LoseIt. I like MFP so much better the food data base is so much better here and I like the set up better.
  • TwoSpirits
    TwoSpirits Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I've been checking it out too...just stumbled across it tonight and then googled it and found this message board. It looks pretty good to the eye...from first glance and looking at the screen shap shots...it seems to look more user friendly and something that is right there on your phone. The MFP app is basically a link to the actual webpage. However, the biggest thing I saw with loseit! is, did you notice how much it weighs? It will take up 14M of space on your phone...my phone doesn't even have that much space to try it out...which is probably a good thing because I would also feel like I'm cheating on MFP...lol
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I've been checking it out too...just stumbled across it tonight and then googled it and found this message board. It looks pretty good to the eye...from first glance and looking at the screen shap shots...it seems to look more user friendly and something that is right there on your phone. The MFP app is basically a link to the actual webpage. However, the biggest thing I saw with loseit! is, did you notice how much it weighs? It will take up 14M of space on your phone...my phone doesn't even have that much space to try it out...which is probably a good thing because I would also feel like I'm cheating on MFP...lol

The comment about the ap is phone dependent then. The iphone ap is a true ap, it doesn't just take you to a web page.
  • dizinns
    Options
    lose it has me set at 1545 calories per day and MFP has me set up for 1200 calories per day. I am still using both trying to figure out which one I like best but I am really shocked at the difference in calorie per day from each... so far I did lose it for a week and did not lose 1 lb but I didn't gain either....
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just did a test run with Lose It. They do add in exercise, and their numbers are overstated just the same as MFP. To lose .5 pounds a week, there is only a 20 calorie difference (MFP is higher).

Also, I notice they have a free version, but other plans are paid.

I like MFP because they treat me real nice. :bigsmile:
  • here2inspire
    Options
    i like loseit for adding the food because for me its easier to log but i do like community here way more.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started out on lose it but I would have to log into MFP to find my food items so I switched to MFP and haven't looked back. I love the forum here.