32 Pounds down since November 2011!!!! (5'4)

Options
:drinker: Ok guys this is the first time I am trying this out, hope it works! Well lets see, I have been on mfp since November 2011. My starting weight was around 178. I have always been very active and small. I started drinking alot and eating whatever the hell I wanted (not working out of course). Well next thing ya know, I gain 40 pounds in the matter of A YEAR! I first noticed how big I was getting when I started buying clothes to hide my body not because they were cute clothes. In November 2011 I deployed to Afghanistan (air force active duty) and thats when I changed my life for the better. I started out eating like **** and working out a little. Once I saw a few pounds melt away I was inspired and began cutting the nasty food out of my diet. By the end of my short tour in Afghanistan(march 2012) I was eating a 1200-1300 calorie a day diet, doing an hour of cardio+ an episode of insanity 5 days a week! Throughout my journey so far I have lost 32 pounds (not where I want to be yet). But I gained some of my sexiness and confidence back. They day I left I was getting ready to get on the plane to take me back home, and I looked back at the months of my hard work and dedication. I learned a very important thing that I will never forget and I will continue to preach forever- You can try all the diet fads and all that stuff but good old hard work is the most rewarding and amazing way to do it. Now dont get me wrong I'm not done yet, I would love to lose another 15 pounds or so. But damn I sure rocked the hell out of those 30 pounds. I am so damn proud of myself! Enjoy my story guys and good luck I love you all!:heart:
-Carissa:wink:

Before 178-
fats.jpg
After 146-
notfats.jpg

Replies

• steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, keep up the good work!
  • Meee2012
    Meee2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look amazing!!! You're also a massive inspiration as you started roughly where I am now and it's good to see what 30lbs looks like :)

Good luck with the rest of your journey
  • vickychristie
    vickychristie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well done, you look fantastic:)
  • carissaharkins
    carissaharkins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • jackieo9033
    Options
    You look great , keep up the good work!!!!!
  • nikkiakano
    Options
    well done u looooook amazing!!! im startng off on my journey, after looking for a magical wand to banish this fat, the real realisation is that hard work and good food choices is all we can do. nice story, amazing job and cracking results. wtg.yipeeeee xx
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look fab!
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    looking good:) and i love your shoes
  • carissaharkins
    Options
    Thanks i LOVEEEE my shoes in this pic, although they are GIGANTIC!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lookin good! Wow! What an inspiration!
  • carissaharkins
    Options
    Lookin good! Wow! What an inspiration!

thank you so much! Just passing out all the inspiration i got from everyone else on here :)
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Ok guys this is the first time I am trying this out, hope it works! Well lets see, I have been on mfp since November 2011. My starting weight was around 178. I have always been very active and small. I started drinking alot and eating whatever the hell I wanted (not working out of course). Well next thing ya know, I gain 40 pounds in the matter of A YEAR! I first noticed how big I was getting when I started buying clothes to hide my body not because they were cute clothes. In November 2011 I deployed to Afghanistan (air force active duty) and thats when I changed my life for the better. I started out eating like **** and working out a little. Once I saw a few pounds melt away I was inspired and began cutting the nasty food out of my diet. By the end of my short tour in Afghanistan(march 2012) I was eating a 1200-1300 calorie a day diet, doing an hour of cardio+ an episode of insanity 5 days a week! Throughout my journey so far I have lost 32 pounds (not where I want to be yet). But I gained some of my sexiness and confidence back. They day I left I was getting ready to get on the plane to take me back home, and I looked back at the months of my hard work and dedication. I learned a very important thing that I will never forget and I will continue to preach forever- You can try all the diet fads and all that stuff but good old hard work is the most rewarding and amazing way to do it. Now dont get me wrong I'm not done yet, I would love to lose another 15 pounds or so. But damn I sure rocked the hell out of those 30 pounds. I am so damn proud of myself! Enjoy my story guys and good luck I love you all!:heart:

Before 178-
    fats.jpg
    After 146-
    notfats.jpg

I have also been here since Nov. 2011 and have lost 31 pounds - you hit it right on when you said ' good old hard work' - I'm so determined and so doing it.... and I am also seeing all my hard work pay off. It is an AMAZING feeling! Continued good luck to you. :smile:
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job, you should be so proud of yourself :smile:
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look amazing already!! Congratulations!! :)
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Carissa,

You've done an AMAZING job! Congratulations to you on your success and keep up the good work.
  • carissaharkins
    Options

Before 178-
    fats.jpg
    After 146-
    notfats.jpg

I have also been here since Nov. 2011 and have lost 31 pounds - you hit it right on when you said ' good old hard work' - I'm so determined and so doing it.... and I am also seeing all my hard work pay off. It is an AMAZING feeling! Continued good luck to you. :smile:

Its a great feeling to finally see it!! You just have to wait a while and try hard at the same time! Great job and good luck!
  • carissaharkins
    Options
    Carissa,

You've done an AMAZING job! Congratulations to you on your success and keep up the good work.

Thank you for being one of my most inspiring and helpful mfp friends through out the entire process!! :)
  • aresbabe
    aresbabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing your story and reminding me not to give up. I agree that all the hard work really makes you feel good! wishing the best & thank you for your service!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome!!

Glad to see that hard work, dedication and the right attitude has brought you some great results. Keep up the good work!
  • caviarblack
    caviarblack Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    you are absolutely stunning! thank you for the the dose of inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!