Going to be a tough one!

I guess this is for all of us individulals who have alot of extra to get rid of!

In the month of Feb. i lost around 25 lbs. with moderate effort. This time around i want to challenge myself and lose a full 30 by the end of March!

I guess if your in pretty good shape already you can try to lose around 8% of your total Body fat.

If anyone wants to challenge themselves with me, jump in..

SW 369 lbs. 2/29
WK1 xxx lbs. 3/8
WK2 xxx lbs. 3/15
WK3 xxx lbs. 3/22
WK4 xxx lbs. 3/29
Final xxx lbs. 3/31

Current monthly total= -xxx lbs.

18085858.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Good Job on your loss during the month of February. Sounds like you're super motivated and you'll be able to reach your March goal no problem. GOOD LUCK
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I hope you mean 30 total (meaning 7 more than your current 23) instead of an additional 30. 7 is definitely obtainable, 30 would be unhealthy.

I wish you all the best! I'm living proof that you CAN do this - just focus on getting healthy, and don't give up!
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Wonderful job! I have a lot to lose as well. I tried aggressive goals like that, but they did not work out for me and backfired. Finally after years of the battle I have learned, for me, I just need to go slow and work on it day to day. Good luck in your goals!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Typically when you first begin and have a great deal of weight to lose it comes off at a fast rate. Just don't go so hardcore this early that you lose interest. Good job on your losses and just remember this is a long term healing process.
  • SulliedSocks
    SulliedSocks Posts: 18 Member
    I hope you mean 30 total (meaning 7 more than your current 23) instead of an additional 30. 7 is definitely obtainable, 30 would be unhealthy.

I wish you all the best! I'm living proof that you CAN do this - just focus on getting healthy, and don't give up!

Hello Corylda,

I have spoke with my Dr. and a few other experts and they all see no problem with losing 30 lbs. in one month. Infact i was told by my Dr. that he himself had to have a nutritionist help him 14 years ago and he was losing weight at 50 lbs. a month. I was informed that as long as i still take in my neccesary pyramid and continue to put out effort in the exercise department, 30 lbs. will be AOK. However, i do appreciate the concern for my health :).

Here is my update, it was a challenging first week nothing wanted to come off at first.

SW 369 lbs. 2/29
    WK1 363 lbs. 3/8
    WK2 xxx lbs. 3/15
    WK3 xxx lbs. 3/22
    WK4 xxx lbs. 3/29
    Final xxx lbs. 3/31

Current monthly total= -6 lbs.
  • SulliedSocks
    New update:

SW 369 lbs. 2/29
    WK1 363 lbs. 3/8
    WK2 355 lbs. 3/15
    WK3 xxx lbs. 3/22
    WK4 xxx lbs. 3/29
    Final xxx lbs. 3/31

Current monthly total= -14 lbs.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Sounds like you are just tossing away the lean mass along with the fat.
    Whats your workout routine looking like?
  • SulliedSocks
    If anyone is still paying attention

New update:

SW 369 lbs. 2/29
    WK1 363 lbs. 3/8
    WK2 355 lbs. 3/15
    WK3 xxx lbs. 3/22 (forgot to weigh in)
    WK4 341 lbs. 3/29
    Final xxx lbs. 3/31

Current monthly total= -28 lbs.

"Sounds like you are just tossing away the lean mass along with the fat.
    Whats your workout routine looking like? "

I'm keeping my cal's around 2000, and im burning around 500 cal a night. On top i am also participating in a fitness challenge which i do not calculate as exercise. I keep that to myself as an added bonus. So technically im burning around 600-700 a night depending on the challenge.
    Everyday ........................................... Lift Days

5 minutes of stair climbing- ............ 10 one arm bicep curls-

25 second plank- ................................10 pitches(use of cables to make a throwing motion)-

50 jumping jacks- ..................................10 one arm bicep curls-

20 second plank- .................................10 pitches-

40 jumping jacks- ..................................10 one arm bicep curls-

10 second plank-....................................10 pitches-

30 jumping jacks-...................................10 flys-

25 bent over rows-.................................10 tricep ext.-

20 squats-..............................................10 flys-

15 bent over rows-.................................10 tricep ext.-

12 squats-..............................................10 flys-

10 Bent over rows-................................10 tricep ext.-

7 squats-................................................20 cable batter swings each side-

10 running thrust-..................................10 bend overs kettle weights-

10 lateral drills each side- ....................20 cable batter swings each side-

5 running thrust-....................................10 bend overs kettle weights-

10 lateral drills each side(basketball defensive drills)-

5 running thrust-

10 lateral drills each side-

5 leg crunches-

5 pushups-

5 leg crunches-

5 pushups-

5 minutes of stair climbing-