Choci Philly.......

Options
For all my UK buddies I would like to know your thoughts on choci philly.

When I first tried it I didnt like it, there was an odd taste after it and i was very disappointed but i perservered and now i cant get enough of the stuff!

My preference is on crackerbread or warm toast.....................so how do you eat yours?

Replies

• hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Oh it's a delight. I eat it off my little finger, straight out of the tub... I get the mini 30g pots so I can't get carried away, and my eating method makes it last longer! It's how I eat Creme Eggs too... chomp the top off and scoop all the insides out. Anyone else? :D
  • Long2bslim
    Long2bslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love it on water biscuits...30g pots are great so I can't go too mad with it!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I've been forced to buy the big tub as no small ones, now I'm not sure portion control exists with Philadelphbury's... :embarassed:

I have tried a great number of ways and my absolute favourite is spread on a toasted cinnamon and raisin bagel :heart:

4558573.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and cream cheese in one tub?

Shouldn't that be about a gazilion calories a spoonful?

:)
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    apparently if you warm it up a little bit in the microwave you can dip fruit in, never tried it but seems a good idea
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I have never even heard of this! sounds a bit weird...
  • sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love it! On Toast, with some ice cream or even on it's own xxx
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I had it on toast yesterday, it's not for me. Not too bad while you're eating it but that after taste is grim and it lingers :sick:
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Have to say I was disappointed too :( A bit sweet for me. Think I'll stick with Nutella. Nom nom nom!!
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and cream cheese in one tub?

Shouldn't that be about a gazilion calories a spoonful?

:)

86 cals for 30g serving! YUM

I have it on a choc chip snack a jack, or salted rice cake or just spread on banana!
  • ubermagee
    ubermagee Posts: 57
    Options
    Nutella is definitely the way. I cannot cheat on my Nutella!
  • Bohohippy
    Bohohippy Posts: 56
    Options
    I bought a pot whilst on holiday last week, it tastes like pureed chocolate to me, nothing odd about it. I don't eat it though, it isn't a favourite and that means I don't usually bother with it lol. I had it on toast.
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    I love it! It's low cals as well, assuming you stick to the portion sizes!

I've heard spreading it on a Hob Nob or other generic oat biscuit makes it like a chocolate cheesecake! NOM!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I think it just tastes like very smooth chocolate spread.. Nice though!

I have mine on melba toast as they are only 13 calories per slice and each 30g tub (86 cals?) covers a pack of 6 toasts.. Tasty snack that cures a sweet tooth I reckon and its only 164 cals :)
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Dip bread sticks into it!
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    It tastes gross.

If you want chocolate eat chocolate (sensibly) because there can never be a substitute! (Although Nutella is rather nice)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I've bought the little pots, I'm a bit hesitant for the dumb reason that I don't really like cheese, although I'll have light cheeses like philly in small doses.

But from all the people that have said it's like chocolate cheesecake I think I'll treat it like a chocolate spread and have it on hot toast.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's low cals as well, assuming you stick to the portion sizes!

I've heard spreading it on a Hob Nob or other generic oat biscuit makes it like a chocolate cheesecake! NOM!

that sounds like a plan :-)

i put mine in with choc protein shakes, makes them really thick and delicious almost like icecream :-)