Zucchini Bread?

Options
I was just wondering if anybody on here makes Zucchini bread? My friend's mom had made some and it was sooo yummy and it turned out very moist and dark brownish and the top layer was very moist. I made it and it tasted similar but it was more "bread" texture than gooey. Does anybody know why this is? Or how do you make your Zucchini Bread and what is the texture like?

-Danielle

Replies

• skinnytara
    skinnytara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have made it...and it is gooey and delish...more like a pumpkin or banana bread texture....I am not sure what made yours not turn out...did you substitute any ingredients (or live at a diff. altitude which has an effect)? I made this for my kids when they were toddlers and wanted snacks. Perfect as mini muffins too and easier to portion.:wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anybody on here makes Zucchini bread? My friend's mom had made some and it was sooo yummy and it turned out very moist and dark brownish and the top layer was very moist. I made it and it tasted similar but it was more "bread" texture than gooey. Does anybody know why this is? Or how do you make your Zucchini Bread and what is the texture like?

-Danielle

I used to make 4 loaves at a time, and freeze them. I found that freezing them actually made them a lot more moist.
    Another thing that I did was to mainly grate the skin, and not too much of the inside of the zucchini. I think that helped it be more moist too, or at least taste WAY better than my sister's did anyway! She used to say that I left out an ingredient, since mine were so much better than hers were! :laugh:
  • healthychic
    Options
    I think I know what I did wrong! I didn't use the skin at all, my mom told me it would look at taste the same, would that be why it didn't turn out moist and dark brown? Also, if you didn't grate the inside of the zucchini, what did you do to it? Thanks!

-Danielle
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I think I know what I did wrong! I didn't use the skin at all, my mom told me it would look at taste the same, would that be why it didn't turn out moist and dark brown? Also, if you didn't grate the inside of the zucchini, what did you do to it? Thanks!

-Danielle

I just used to throw away the rest! Wasteful, but oh well! :laugh: (I prefer summer squash to zucchini for eating. )
    But ya, I think that just using the skin on a BIG zucchini (my ex-father in law used to give me these HUGE "baseball bat" ones!) really did the trick as far as making my breads taste fantastic, not to mention the nice dark color. Plus, I also think that they DID get even more moist after freezing them. :love: