Suggestions for breakfast needed... helpppp

Options
I usually eat honey bunches of oats and low fat milk for breakfast, but the carbs in cereal are crazy.

today I switched to a mix of egg whites and whole eggs with some seasonings but I feel like I need something more added to keep me full but not too high in carbs and then I can quickly either make the night before or just grab and go... I'm probably asking for a lot lol

I was thinking a bagel thin or oatmeal... any other suggestions?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt almost every day for breakfast. The past couple of weeks I've added a serving of almonds too. Now I just have to have my almonds every morning. That would be a great crunchy addition to your breakfast that's low/no carbs. Right now, I have Emerald's cocoa roast and they're delicious. My favorite so far though, are Blue Diamond Salt & Vinegar. YUM.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I personally do a whey protein shake with some frozen fruit blended like a smoothie, with a scoop of psylum seed in it. I drink it at 6:00 a.m. and it holds me off until I go to lunch at noon. And keeps my regular! I was doing cereal or toast or yogart and I was hungry at like 10:00 a.m. I have a personal blender and I drink one full glass so it also helps to rehydrate me in the morning as I have a problem drinking water on an empty stomach first think in the morning. My favorite is frozen strawberries, 8 oz of orange juice, then I fill the glass with water, my vanilla whey protein and 1 scoop of psylum seed husk - its like drinking sunshine!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Try adding some veggies in your egg...spinach, peppers, onion, broccoli etc...I do a "breakfast scramble" with lots of veggies sometimes when I don't want carbs. Good luck!
  • nora110
    nora110 Posts: 24
    Options
    I frequently have two eggs with two links of Al Fresco chicken apple breakast sausage. The sausage is 60 cals a link and 4 carbs. It is pre-cooked so I sliced it up and add it to my eggs to warm.
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat a hard boiled egg with half the yolk, a thomas's triple health english muffin w/ a 1/2 tabsp of butter/w olive oil, 1 fuji apple, and a small glass of V8. I'm STUFFED. Figh fiber, high protein, and low carbs.
  • KelliAnne729
    Options
    thanks! I was def thinking a smoothie would be a good option and maybe getting one of those mini blenders for my desk since I usually wait til I get to work to eat anyway

I'm gonna have to look for those sausages the only ones I've seen are like 160 calories for one