should i be drinking the same protein ask my boyfriend?

Options
My boyfriend uses promasil, and it works really well for him.. but I don't really want to bulk up or anything, i want lean muscle and to be toned. If i saw too much changed id clearly stop using it, i can't imagine it being that drastic. Have any women used this type of protein powder? Just kinda looking for some feedback, i've never used any protein powder or anything before so it's all new to me. I did have some this morning though and it was yummy! Thanks :)

EDIT: AS****** my boyfriend...
you really should be able to edit titles lol oops.

Replies

• nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Don't worry as it's just protein... just think of it as a liquid version of a chicken breast.

You will only usually put on weight if you eat an excess of calories.

Lastly, your hormones won't let you pile on muscle like a man either.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    protein will not make you bulk at all, all it will do is help you keep the muscle you already have while you lose weight. To bulk requires a caloric surplus, a lot of protein, a weight lifting program designed for growth and testosterone.

Since you are female, your testosterone is much lower than a man, and if you are trying to lose weight you are in a deficit, so no change in bulking at all.
  • koyongi
    koyongi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As long as it's yummy, then absolutely. It looks like a pretty quality protein, but probably a little overpriced for what you're getting.

Bulking is a matter of hormones, workout style, and getting enough protein along with a caloric surplus. Unless you've got all of those, you've got nothing to worry about. More protein on a maintenance or calorie deficit is almost always good - keep/gain lean muscle, usually while losing fat.

In my experience (and I have a lot), women's proteins are usually lower quality, more expensive, and taste worse. They'd do much better just getting a standard, cheap, whey protein and using that.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    Not familiar with this brand but I would think that unless there are other supplements in it; it should be fine. My hubby and I use the same one if one of us is out of our favorite. Mine has a little less per serving but it's also lower cal. hope this helps
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    protein will not make you bulk at all, all it will do is help you keep the muscle you already have while you lose weight. To bulk requires a caloric surplus, a lot of protein, a weight lifting program designed for growth and testosterone.

Since you are female, your testosterone is much lower than a man, and if you are trying to lose weight you are in a deficit, so no change in bulking at all.

^^^^ This.
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL. These responses are very helpful. I just didn't know anything about it but thanks! I'm going to keep using it, now that i have nothing to worry about! plus it's chocolate so that's a bonus lol. :)
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Great information! :happy:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    In the same way that grilled chicken is not gender-specific, neither is protein powder. Drink up. :-). And you're right chocolate is totally a bonus.