Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hi

I am looking into getting my first one looking to spend 50 to 100- What is a good kind that will count calories for walking stationary bike and exercise rountines- any help wuld be welcome

Replies

• mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the Polar FT4. Very basic, accurate and easy to use. I bought and returned many others before this one.
  • jhefti13
    jhefti13 Posts: 24
    Options
    I had several of the Polar models and didn't like any of them. I now have the Garmin FR60 (women's) and LOVE it. I found the whole bundle on eBay brand new for $105. It included the heart rate strap, the watch, a foot pod and a wireless USB stick to track your exercise online. I know with the Polar you have to buy a Flowlink separate from the watch to track your progress on the computer.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4
  • debzv
    debzv Posts: 23
    Options
    Polar Heart rate monitors are really awesome. I bought the F7 4 yrs ago, I have worn it everyday, and used it every single time I have exercised in these 4 yrs. The strap needs to be replaced about every 6-10months (depending on how often you use it). But I think that will be the same with all brands. I have never had a problem with it. When I sent it in to get a new battery, they replaced the strap for free.

The only way to really track your exercise correctly is with a heart rate monitor. Its the best thing I have ever bought. Have fun choosing which one to get!!
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4, it comes with the watch and chest strap. As for tracking it online, I just in-put it on MFP, that way it is all in one place. I found mine on Amazon for $66.00 but they generally run about $89.00.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4, Ft7, Ft40 or Ft60.

Look on amazon.. They have awesome deals.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the Polar FT4. Very basic, accurate and easy to use. I bought and returned many others before this one.
    this!!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options

^^ This.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I see this topic come up a lot and I'm also interested in purchasing one, as well as some sort of device that has a stopwatch. Can anyone explain what the real difference is between the different types/styles of HRMs and what functions they typically have? I'm a total newbie on this concept!

Shannon
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    Timex.."It takes a licking and keeps on ticking."!

I purchased mine from Walmart for $50 and it works great.
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    I went for the Polar ft4- was 66 on amazon- and brought the 30 shred dvd for 6.99 and the harry potter books for my kindle for under $60
    no more shopping for me

Thanks for everyones help