What's not working for me?

Options
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 180-ish

MFP has me on a 1200 cal diet to lose 2 lbs a week. My goal is to look better, not necessarily lose a ton of weight. (wedding in 5 months) So I'm not really strict on 1200 (meaning if I hit 1400 one day in the week, I don't kill myself for it)

I have not taken my measurements yet, but can say that my clothes are a good indication of weight loss (aka- they fit the same as they did a month ago..)

I have been counting calories for a couple weeks now, and going to the gym/watching what I'm eating for about a month and I have yet to lose a single pound. (gym 3 days a week, usually 25-30 minutes of cardio and then a little weight training after- nothing major)

I am about to finish week 2 of Couch 2 5k, which is going really well and I'm starting to feel great... I just don't understand why i haven't even lost a lb yet!

I can say i eat a lot of oatmeal, almonds, whole grains, turkey (white meat, rarely red), fish, etc.

A Friend of mine suggested shakeology, but I'm not wasting my money on something like that. I want it to be 100% healthy diet and exercise so I know I can make a habit of it and continually be healthy.

If you have any suggestions for me whatsoever (things to try in the gym, foods to try, supplements, etc) Let me know, I'm up for anything!

Replies