New to MFP :-)

Options
HI everyone-
I am 40 years old, and decided to try to lose close to 50 pounds. It seems like te weight has just crept up over time... My wife and I both started MFP around 2 weeks ago. I was thinking adding a few other friends may help with some extra outside encouragement. I lost 8 pounds right off the bat which was great. But the last 6 days I have not lost anything, even though I am coming in under my daily calorie goal? I guess more excersise is needed, which I will try to sqeeze in when I am not sitting in front of the computer at work. Anyways feel free to friend me if your interested. - Thanks- :smile:

Replies

• kc3poh
    kc3poh Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am new to MFP, too. Super congratulations on your weight loss! I got two of my co-workers to start MFP with me in hopes of us encouraging each other. :) You and your wife can feel free to "friend" me. We can all motivate each other!
  • missbex24
    missbex24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've heard this before but I've been at this a while (despite being new to MFP)...

If you're exercising, be sure you're eating enough!! That's actually why I'm here... The site I use now doesn't seem to take fitness into account...They say they do but I'd have to eat over what they recommend just to hit 1200, after my calories burned are subtracted. So I'm giving this a whirl. Anyway, being under calories could be the problem. More exercise is good... Just remember that 80% of weight loss is what you eat, so make sure you're eating good, healthy foods!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I started this site couple weeks ago. I am trying to get back on track and getting to my goal weight again, after having a baby 3 months ago. I pretty much workout by my self so I need a lot of encouragement. I use to workout with hubby but he works too much in the army. I hope we both can do it and get our goal weight. :)
  • Juxtaposie
    Options
    Hey there and welcome! You'll find this site so amazing you won't ever want to leave! I sure have! I'm into my second full week here and like you I'm almost 40 and looking to lose a substantial amount of weight! This community is so supportive, it really helps in holding you accountable! Good luck!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Today is my 60th day on MFP. Feel free to add me!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi there welcome to MFP! And good luck to both you and your wife!!! Feel free to add me if you like Im more than willing to offer encouragement along the way! xx
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. Like I've said many times before on here.....the greater the support group, the greater the success (or something like that).
  • swtgrl99
    swtgrl99 Posts: 2
    Options
    hello I am a new MFP member my coworker told me about this website and how well it is working for her so I wanted to give it a try! I am 26yrs old and have been big most of my life. My biggest weakness is not having the energy to exercise. I just recently took a cooking class and learned about eating and cooking healthier, I hear the more fiber the better!!! I set my goal at only a 1/2 of a pound a week because I learned to set my goals small so i stick to them. If anyone could give me any tips on how i could bring my energy level up that would be so helpful thanks:smile:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Ive been here almost three months...and this works. Add me if you like, Id love some new friends!
  • chrisvanderpool
    Options
    it sounds like you are in the same boat I am with weight loss. i've been here 2 weeks and the people are really great. wish you success with it. feel free to friend me if you want. and good luck.
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me... I've only been here close to three months but I've lost 31 lbs... your wife can add me too if she's looking for support! Good luck on your journey!!!
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wohoo! New friends!!! Welcome!
  • NanoPacket
    Options
    Thanks everyone for friending. It sure is motivating to see all the encouragement. If anyone else would like an extra friend feel free to friend me :-)