HRM help/advice

Options
2»

Replies

• najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    mine does that too!! over estimates calories too much. I just use it to moniter my HR mostly. but i switch on the thing only after i have reached my target HR range.
  • jddykstra
    jddykstra Posts: 19
    Options
    I bought mine and my husband's on kohls.com. Both are Timex and have the chest strap. Mine doesn't calculate calories burned, his does. Mine was around $45, his was around $55. However, you can use all kinds of discount codes to get them cheaper. I think I ended up paying around $30 for mine and $40 for his after discount codes and free shipping.

We love them!

Thank you so much. I wish that I would have seen this yesterday. I hadn't checked to see if I had any more comments. I actually have a 30% off right now. Woo Hoo!!

Don't buy TImex! They are awful at estimating calories burned!

Look on Amazon for a Polar.. you'll be much better off!

Right... I bought mine simply because I wanted to pay attention to my heart rate and was disappointed to find out it didn't also calculate calories burned, so I found this website: http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm and i plug my average HR number and length of workout into that to find my calories burned. My husband's Timex does calculate calories burned, but when compared to that website it is high, so he uses the website as well. For us it was a matter of expense - I knew a Polar would be a better product, but was able to get the Timex's for such a good price and they are sufficient for what we need.

If you do go this route, I think they're are only available online.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    jddykstra - I do the same thing. I hate when people here are "You wasted your money on the Timex - get rid of it and buy a Polar" Um, no, I hate the look of the Polar, I don't want one of those. I know that the Timex estimates high so I use a calculator. As long as the HR is correct and it tracks what I want it to I'm fine. Mine was only $25 at the outlets, so, I'm pleased with my purchase - AND - I think the Ironman is a better looking watch than the chunky Polar plastic huge things that I've seen. Personal preference.

Is the brayden site working for you? The last few times I've gone in to use it I hit calculate and nothing happens. I've bounced around looking for another site but I really like the brayden one. Hmm....wonder if he'd lend me his code to put on my blog....