Freezing food

Options
I am NOT a morning person! Its awful. So needless to say waking up early just to cook probably isn't going to happen. I was wondering if I scrambled eggs, wrapped them in a whole wheat tortilla with salsa, and then froze it inside foil if that would keep well. What do y'all think?

I'm challenging myself to eat only fresh, non-processed food which means no frozen breakfast food etc. If anyone has any other EASY breakfast ideas that can be made in advance that would be great!

Replies

• BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't tried freezing eggs yet, but I usually scramble my eggs the night before, then just reheat them for like 30 seconds in the micro the next morning. I also make my turkey bacon on a Sunday, then eat it all week long with eggs or on blt's. I also make a pot of soup over the weekend, so I can have a cup of soup with my lunch or dinner during the week. I make a tupperware of bean salad for a quick side dish with some meals, too. I also boil some eggs, which are good with breakfast or lunch. Hope this helps...Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    YES! we used to do this. Wrap it in plastic wrap and tin foil, then remove tin foil when you are ready to place in microwave, (keep the plastic on it keeps the tortilla moist....they taste just like a breakfast burrito from mcdonalds! Mmmmmm! i think i want to do again this too.....
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Why not prepare it the night before, and avoid the freezing?

I made a wrap like that this morning for breakfast/lunch - whole grain tortilla, southwestern egg scramblers, salsa, organic white cheddar and turkey bacon. So good.