Another Plateau question sorry

Options
I consistantly lost for the first 60 days of dieting, but the last couple of weeks there has been hardly any loss around 0.2 a week. My BMR is 1756 and I am eating 1300 calories a day. I am dow as sedentry purely because I have an illness that fluctuates what I can and cant do. The last couple of weeks my exercise has increased dramatically but this coinsides with my weight loss slowing down. I did try to eat up my excersise calories but was worried incase I had overestimated them so only ate around half back.

I guess my question is should I increase my calories, increase my activity level in the statistics or just stay at 1300 but make sure I eat back exercise calories? Confused.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Replies

• StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is 1756. Most people should not eat below that. Given that you have quite a bit to lose, you could get away with eating a bit less for a while but you're burning over 2100 calories per day, even being sedentary.

Definitely eat back your exercise calories. And I'd probably gradually increase that amount till you're netting your BMR. You'll find it much easier to lose if you don't starve youself. Just try to make sure what you eat is good for you. <- this is what I'm working on lol
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is 1756. Most people should not eat below that. Given that you have quite a bit to lose, you could get away with eating a bit less for a while but you're burning over 2100 calories per day, even being sedentary.

Definitely eat back your exercise calories. And I'd probably gradually increase that amount till you're netting your BMR. You'll find it much easier to lose if you don't starve youself. Just try to make sure what you eat is good for you. <- this is what I'm working on lol

Thankyou for your reply, yes I have around another 50lb to go so a long way, there is so much different advice out there on BMR it all gets confusing.
  • jaynemaria
    Options
    bump for anybody elses input
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i'm at the same place you are...stuck and don't know what to do. first 60 days went great and now..boom....nothing....perhaps I'm not eating enough but mathmatically I don't get it. Also...I've started getting sore muscles...any sign of anything?
  • jaynemaria
    Options
    Thanks Bynsky, decision made, definately going to up by a couple of hundred, think as I am a lot more active at the moment need to change that so will see what happens. :)
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great advice...I'll move it up
  • jaynemaria
    Options
    Ive upped my calories from 1300 to 1400 so will see if that makes any difference. thank everyone