~11 inches gone & 3lb loss in 2 weeks....scales only tell a

....a small part of the story!

I just can't believe how the fat can melt off so quickly!
I have been doing 25 minutes on the elliptical 6 days per week. (im not a fan of cardio! lol but i know its what i have to do!)

Here are my stats:

Start Neck: 15.25in
> 14.75 inches
Start Bust: 46in
> 45 inches
Start Waist: 41in
> 38.25 inches
Start Hips: 47.5in
> 45.9 inches
Start Arms: (R) 13in & (L) 13in
> (R) 12 inches & (L) 12.5 inches
Start Thighs: (R) 27.5in & (L) 25.5in
> (R) 25.5 inches & (L) 25 inches

So I have lost half an inch around my neck, one inch around my bust (damn it! :laugh: ), 3.75 inches around my waist, 1.6 inches around my hips, one inch in my right arm and half an inch in my left arm, two inches in my right thigh and half an inch in my left thigh.

TOTAL inches lost = 10.85 inches

The two places of loss that i noticed, phsyically, before doing the measurement retakes was my right arm and my waist. Even my husband pointed those two places out before i said anything!
One other thing i noticed is that my left side gained the most weight (while i was gaining weight) and it is also much slower to lose, oddly enough...I really though it was going to take a long time to start seeing the loss, physically and without a scale, but it didn't, so far its been just two weeks! I have lost 3 pounds (almost 4lb, im hoping tomorrow to meet my monthly goal, i am so close!) Moral of the story, your scale is only a small part of the equation! My scale depresses me...my measuring tape makes me happy! :wink:

Replies

• that is excellent! Good for you!! :bigsmile:
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 510 Member
    That's great! And I totally agree, I love, love, love my measuring tape!
  • jennyjennbug
    jennyjennbug Posts: 101 Member
    congrates great job keep it up
  • stacyschicker
    stacyschicker Posts: 2 Member
    Good for you! I seem to have the same issue. The measurments getting smaller is what makes the clothes look better. (lol). You keep up the good work. In the end it will pay off in everyway for all of us. It's only my second week and I can see small changes. 30 lbs to lose, but it all starts with 1lb.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    That is AWESOME!!!! Good work!
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    I wish i would have taken pictures :ohwell:
  • great job!! you're doing so wonderful!
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    I'm so glad you posted this becuase I'm the same as you. I have lost 4 pounds and about 11 inches last time I measured. It's really discouraging to me to see the scale stay the same but i'm so glad i'm not the only one that this is happening to.

Congrats on your 11 inches being gone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!