Evil Carbs...

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
So im thinking that carbs is my big down fall, Im going shopping this weekend, re stocking the whole house, anyone have any ideas on how to lay low on the carbs?

Replies

• Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am bad on carbs too. I had to lower my carb % manually to help not eat as much. I seem to be doing better with it now. I find that MFP allows you to have to many carbs and fats. Hope this helps some
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Fresh vegetables, lean meats from the meat section (NOT the deli), fish & seafood, dairy, eggs, beans (pinto, black, navy, garbanzo or chickpeas, edamame).
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I am bad on carbs too. I had to lower my carb % manually to help not eat as much. I seem to be doing better with it now. I find that MFP allows you to have to many carbs and fats. Hope this helps some
    Liz my daily goal on carbs is 202 I feel like thats insane.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    It's not so much the carbs themselves, but the refined carbs - stay away from white food. Whole grains are good for you :)
  • angelareads
    Options
    I try to keep my carbs to 40g per meal. I love this recipe book "8 Grams or Less Low Carb Recipes" by Better Homes & Gardens. It's an older book but it's still available on Amazon. I've tried many of the recipes and most of them are really good. The best thing about the recipe's is that most of them use 5 ingredients or less! Super easy to make!
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Liz my daily goal on carbs is 202 I feel like thats insane.

Mine is at 135 right now ...I will try to lower it again soon