the diet coke cupcakes

Options
neenaleigh
neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
i know this has been posted before :tongue: and i tried to do a search, :grumble: and couldnt find it,

my question is :

"SHOULD THE SODA BE FRESH OR FLAT????":blushing:

Replies

• Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    I use fresh soda. I'm not sure it really matters as I have never tried using flat soda. However, when I use fresh the cup cakes always turn out delicious. :smile:

Good luck!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I would think you'd want to use fresh as part of the texture is because of the carbonation.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    fresh, only, you need the bubbles to make the cupcakes fluffy! the carbonation being released causes the fluffy cake texture! definitely fresh!.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    this sounds good, wheres the recipe?
  • czewwhat
    Options

one box cake mix, one can diet soda, period! bake as cake mix describes. Dark soda for chocolate, lite colors, for light cake mixes! for instance doet strawberry for strawberry, or lemon for lemon etc. If you are at a high altitude add two egg whites only.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    oh thank you! tomorrow we eat cupcakes!:bigsmile:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ooooh!!! I am so trying this!
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options

one box cake mix, one can diet soda, period! bake as cake mix describes. Dark soda for chocolate, lite colors, for light cake mixes! for instance doet strawberry for strawberry, or lemon for lemon etc. If you are at a high altitude add two egg whites only.
    just wondering do you need to add the egg at all, when you're not at a high altitude
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    interesting you should ask... i made a batch last week- actually 2 batches. i made the first 12, baked them (while the batter with the soda sat there) and then 2nd batch (that sat in the bowl for about a half hour) are MUCH fluffier. i am planning to mix the batter and soda and then wait a few minutes before cooking them next time i make them... which will be soon! :wink:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Oh, and I made vanilla cup cakes with diet cream soda and chocolate cup cakes with diet double chocolate fudge soda :noway:. For frosting, I use Cool Whip Free with jello sugar free instant pudding mix... :love:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    It sounds yummy and delicious I have one question though I can't deal with diet sodas and alternative sugar sweetners bc of the horrible after taste...does the diet coke make the cupcakes have "the" after taste? (I hope my question makes sense) :smile:
  • MattySparky
    Options

Im not very clear though with the cake mix... do you follow the mixing instructions for the cake mix (like milk, eggs, etc...) as well as the soda?? or do you literally leave all other ingredients out, take the dry mix and blend it with the soda alone? Thanks, and sorry:tongue:
  • iRun4wine
    Options

Im not very clear though with the cake mix... do you follow the mixing instructions for the cake mix (like milk, eggs, etc...) as well as the soda?? or do you literally leave all other ingredients out, take the dry mix and blend it with the soda alone? Thanks, and sorry:tongue:

literally you just dump one box of cake mix into the bowl and one can (or 12 ounces) of diet soda. stir. dump into pan. bake according to time on box. enjoy... that simple :bigsmile:
  • czewwhat
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61151-low-cal-cupcakes this recipe has been up many times, here is another thread to check out
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the high altitude directions.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!

Thanks!
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Thanks from me to you all!
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Thanks from me to you all!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I made these with Meijer marble cake mix and coke vanilla zero and it worked perfect! I made 10 peices and put 1 tsp. marshmellow fluff on them and they only had 3.6 grams of fat and 224 calories since coke zero has 0 cals. I could've made the peices smaller and used 1/2 a tsp of fluff since the peices were huge and I had fluff all over the plate.

Love this recipe!!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    seeing as diet soda is absolutely disgusting IMO and bad for you to boot, can you use regular coke?