Rest Days???

Options
I haven't ever taken a rest day . I need the exercise in my day to feel like I have accomplished something and feel good about myself. I do it for me , for stress management and sleep. That said today I feel like I cannot manage even a yoga workout I feel like my whole body is failing me. What gives?? advice?

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever taken a rest day . I need the exercise in my day to feel like I have accomplished something and feel good about myself. I do it for me , for stress management and sleep. That said today I feel like I cannot manage even a yoga workout I feel like my whole body is failing me. What gives?? advice?

You need a rest day. Every time you exercise you are tearing up your body. You need to give it a day once a week to heal and repair. If stopping exercise once a week sounds scary to you, try light walking on that day.

Oh and maybe take a look at your protein content. I know the more protein I get the easy it is for my body to heal-I'm less sore the next day. I have also found if I haven't eaten enough carbs that day I have a hard time with exercise. CORRECTION: looked through your diary and it actually looked pretty good as far as macros are concerned. Maybe you need to be eating a little more to support all of the exercise you are doing.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options

You sound just like me! I only rest when my body does like it's doing to you. That's what's going on. Your body is crying out for a rest day! Do some meditation and yoga-breathing exercises instead. That way you get the yoga benefits without pushing your body too hard.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    you should be incorporating SOME rest every week. Even a lighter workout, walking instead of strenuous activity, or yoga is preferable to overworking yourself. you NEED to rest today though!
  • woodmetal
    woodmetal Posts: 72
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!!! I am struggling with a lot of things I did walk yesterday but also did a 20 min Jillian Michals CD. Today I will walk and try to stay sane!! LOL not a strong suite today! Feel like I am giving up what little control I have when I don't exercise! and exercise hard!