Yoplait Light?

Options
I saw on The Today Show that Yoplait Light is better than Yoplait Original because it has 1/2 the amount of sugar. I am careful about "light" and "sugar free" foods because I cannot digest artificial sweeteners. I read the ingredients and did not see aspartame listed.

Today I tried the yogurt and immediately felt sick to my stomach with cramps, but unlike other times I have had a reaction, I did not vomit. So my question is, does anyone know if Yoplait Light has any other artificial sweeteners?

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I think there's HFCS, Sucralose (which is sugar) and corn syrup in it. Not good for you at all.

Have you tried non fat greek yogurt? I do the chobani 0% plain and add my own "sweetener" to it which is home made blackberry jam, honey or maple syrup. No added crap and not a ton of sugar.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    All Yoplait is junk, lite or not. To me it just seems like a waste of calories. Greek yogurt has so much more protein. Fage is my favorite brand. They make cups with fruit that you can mix in. Very delicious.
  • Jameslemond
    Jameslemond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would go with activia "light" (make sure its light)
    thats what i have been using....
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful about those too or anything with "fake" sugars. I eat them on occasion, at the most once a week just to get the live cultures that are good for digestion. They're pretty tasty, but don't always agree with me.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yup....there are a million different artificial sweetners out there and all light yogurts have them. I can't do them either. Leaves a horrible taste in my mouth
  • havetubawilltravel
    havetubawilltravel Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Sucralose is marketed as Splenda, and it's not sugar, it's made from sugar. So if Splenda is not tolerated by your system, you should avoid anything with sucralose.
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    man this is eye opening! i feel like a bad parent..often letting my 6 year old eat yo. light...thinking it had less sugar and stuff.
    heres to better reading of food labels.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is artificially sweetened with aspartame.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Black Forest Cake flavor

Ingredients

Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Nonfat Milk, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Modified Corn Starch, Cherries, Nonfat Milk, Kosher Gelatin, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, *Aspartame, Tricalcium Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate Added To Maintain Freshness, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Red #40, Vitamin A Acetate, Blue #1, Vitamin D3. Includes Active Yogurt Cultures Including L. Acidophilus. *Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I would go with activia "light" (make sure its light)
    thats what i have been using....

I love this stuff. I have one every day. Vanilla.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I only bought 2 because I wasn't sure how I'd react to them. I will give the other one to my husband, his iron stomach can handle anything.:tongue:
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It contains sucralose (Splenda) and aspartame (listed on label as acesulfame potassium - same thing as Equal).
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It contains sucralose (Splenda) and aspartame (listed on label as acesulfame potassium - same thing as Equal).

All light and low fat yogurt is garbage.
  • jennadaniele
    jennadaniele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    WHOA!! I live by Yoplait Light, I'll buy like 4 or 5 for a week and then switch to fruit and back to the yogurt. I feel like I've been doing my body a mis-service for the last 9 months now....the bad sugars info. :( I will give the Greek yogurt another try. Didn't like it the first time, but maybe another flavor would help.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Activia Light also had artificial sweeteners in it. I was reading labels at the store today (prob annoying a few yoga moms in a hurry). Not all Yoplait Light flavors have aspartme, just as not all of them have sucralose. Now that I know what to look for I can merely scan labels.

The one I tried today was Key Lime Pie and it has sucralose, but not aspartme. That was why I was so confused. I have tried the Greek yogurt and I didn't like it. I will prob stick to cottage cheese. I take acidophilus daily to keep my system balanced so I am not worried about losing the live cultures.