Help....Running and skin issues

Options
lculian
lculian Posts: 313 Member
I've started running outside, I love this weather! BUT, my skin is not doing so well, lots of clogged pores and dry skin, any suggestions???

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Shower after the run and then moisturize with a non-clogging lotion? (I can't remember the proper term... comedogenic or something...)
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    If your skin isn't super sensitive, try a glycolic acid product once or twice per week. You will need to use lots of moisturizer, but it seems to help.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    elemis tri-enzyme resurfacing wash... well worth it ...lasts ages... does wonders... use plain products such as the brand "simple" shower well, use a buff or exfoliating wash each time to scrub away dead ckin cells and unblock clogged pores, leave skin smooth and aid circulation too which helps remove nasties and get rid of cellulite too.
  • DieselGrrl
    Options
    Advice from my dad's high school football coach:
    When you shower after a workout, start off in water that is almost too hot, and then rinse in cold water. The hot water opens the pores and the cold water closes them after you're all clean.

I battle with dry skin and the best thing I have found for my skin (even works on rough ankles and elbows!) is Avon's Skin-so-soft bath oil. Apply with a wash cloth or spray bottle, after you shower and BEFORE you dry off. then rub into skin and wipe off excess with a towel. It also repels mosquitos and other bugs and leaves you smelling pretty!

Good luck!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said, a shower with an exfoliating scrub after a run. Then apply a natural lotion with oatmeals. I suggest Aveeno Daily Moisturizing. I use it as a facial moisturizer to keep from clogging my pores. It has helped with blemishes and acne. It doesn't leave that greasy, cakey feeling like some lotions. It's very light. You don't have to use Aveeno. As long as it is "noncomodogenic," it should be good for your pores. It will say that somewhere on the bottle.
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've noticed alot of clogged pores lately!! I was wondering what was going on. I hadn't made the connection with my running outside. Interesting....
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    uhm....DRINK MORE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips everyone!!!

Have a great weekend!