Calling all Moms

Options
How many kids do you have?

What are their ages?

What is your biggest challenge when it comes to being a Healthy Fit Mama?

Replies

• TheReese1206
    Options
    I have 4. They are 8, 5, 3.5 and 2.

My biggest Challenge is trying to keep up the energy to do my workouts.
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have 2 girls, ages 9 and 12. My biggest challenge is finding time to work out.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    6 & 12

Challenges being a fit mom? None. From early on my kids knew you eat what is on the table. They both love veggies. Especially spinach. When it comes to being active, they both enjoy being outside. I love that so much about them so anytime we want to get out and about and do something they are all over it. I get my workouts done during my lunch hour with the exception of zumba on wednesday night and saturday morning. my 12 year old daughter comes with me. I also have an amazingly supportive husband who totally gets it. Plus he aint complaining about his new wife's body she is working to achieve! lol

Challenges being a mom of a 12 year old female? you got all day? lol
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have four as well. Three girls that are 15, 9 & 5. My son is 7. I really don't have any challenges with being a healthy mama, it spills over to them. My son asks for smart water & my daughters ask for more veggies & hummus. It's great!
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    How many kids do you have?

What are their ages?

What is your biggest challenge when it comes to being a Healthy Fit Mama?

2 Kids: 3 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy

Having the energy at the end of the day to get my workout in. OR if they are having a tough time going to bed even fitting in that work out without being up too late. (I workout after they go to bed at night)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have 2...my daughter is 10 & my son is 7. Trying to work out & help with homework at the same time is quite a challenge...and so is having my son critique my workout. I do Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30...and my wrists can't take the successive plank exercises; so I have to improvise. He likes to point out that I'm not doing it right, LOL! :bigsmile:
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have 2, 6 & 4 years old.

My hardest thing? Getting them to not be underfoot whilst I'm using the TV to workout. And moan about how its THEIR turn for the TV.

And listen to my 6 year old scream bloody murder because I'm taking the dog for a jog. Really?? (Yes, he stood at the end of the driveway screaming for 10 minutes - apparently the dog isn't allowed to leave the yard... sigh)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have two mini-mes.. My daughter will be 16 in June, my son will be 13 next month.
    Both have special needs, and are polar opposite needs from each other.
    My daughter has a rare inborn error of protein metabolism, she can't break it down or excrete it properly. It's bad news, too. 75% don't survive the first month of life. We just had a bone scan done on her since she's so petite and delayed in puberty, and it turns out by her bones, she's only 12 years old.
    Her diet has always been perfect except for the reduced protein. Her disease is soley managed thru diet, and I make sure she gets the best of everything for optimal health.
    My son is Autistic, and prone to food problems, but I simply don't allow him the luxury of eating only what he wants.. he eats the same healthy diet that I fix for all of us. I also am training him to be a runner. I keep a close eye on their nutrition and exercise, because if it's the right thing for me to do for me, it's the right thing for me to do for them. It's that simple. My husband eats the same diet that we do ( because I do all the cooking) but I don't have much control over his exercise except to set a good example.
  • Charlahorr
    Charlahorr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have one... A princess thats 2...
    Trying to fit in exercise when she is asleep...
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have one daughter. She's 22 and only comes home when she wants a home-cooked meal or to do her laundry. Aside from my work schedule, I can work out whenever I want! But...I was a single parent with the other party not in the picture at all. So glad I work out now to combat the empty nest syndrome.
  • 4Tracylee
    4Tracylee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have 5 busy children. Four boys ages 18, 14, 11, 9 and a daughter who is almost 3. I always try to do my workout once the boys leave for school and before the babe wakes up. If she is up I get her breakfast and settle with her favourite show and pencil and paper. She likes to come and imitate me which makes me laugh out loud and lose my concentration. I like to go for a walk in the evening when the 2 or 3 youngest are settled in bed or I jump on my elliptical.
  • HiImToni
    HiImToni Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a 3 year old daughter. I think once the weather is nicer exercise will be easier because we both love being outside. For now we have the Kinect and she gets frustrated with it when you have to hold your hand to choose things. She'll pick it up eventually but for now there is no exercise happening :-/
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have one.

5 years old. .

He's nuts. . My biggest challenge (like everyone) is time. . I drive an hour to work each way, and pick him up as soon as I get home every evening (about 6). . So finding time to work out is tough. .It should get better now that summer is here b/c we can run around outside more. .and at least I'll get SOME exercise during the week. Weekends are better because we go to parks and do outside activities.

I do pushups and situps too, and he helps me jumping on my back and doing his own pushups while I'm trying to do mine.! Hey. . 10 pushups with an extra 45 pounds of squirming kid on your back has to be just as good as 30 straight-up. . right?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    (sorry. . I know I'm not a mom. . but I sort of am!)