Moms come in!

Options
How much did you gain with each pregnancy? How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I gained 25-35 pounds with each of my pregnancies. Before children (had my first at age 20), I weighed around 120. After my last 3 pregnancies, I was mainly staying between 170-180 (my highest non-pregnant weight was 188.)
    But this last pregnancy, I took better care of myself during pregnancy, tried to continue eating right during and after, and began exercising as soon as my midwife cleared it. I also added strength training last August. In about 10 months, I have lost 30+ pounds and am slightly below my goal weight. But I don't think I'll realistically try to reach my "before children" weight of 120; I don't think it would look good on me at this age.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have 1 child who is now 18 months. pre-pregnancy I was 134 and gained 36 lbs while pregnant. I worked out every day while pregnant. By the end of my pregnancy I was 171. 1 week post partum I lost 22 lbs (water weight) and then rest I had to work for. I only took off 1 week from working out (yes I know you are suppose weight 6-8 weeks but I know my body). Anyway by about 6 months post partum I was below was pre- pregnancy weight (132). From there I lost a little more weight and am now trying to hold steady at 125.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I was one of the lucky ones and actually wound up weighing less after each prenancy than I started. With my first child I weighed 186 when I got pregnant (my highest weight ever). I gained 13 pounds with her and left the hospital weighing less than 180. With my next I gained about 10 pounds, and with my last around 11. When I had my last child in January 2010 I was down to around 145 after. Tryin to get back there now. In the time between having him and starting MFP in Nov I had gained a lot back and was around 177. Now I'm down to 157 and trying to get back where I was.

I think pregnancy agreed so well with me because it forced me to a healthier diet and giving up beer and wine for 9 months each time. It's easy to live well when you are doing it for your baby. Not so much when I was left to my own wants. MFP has really helped me get control of that and the diet plan I now follow lets me balance dieting and living wife so well it's been much easier.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    With my first child, I gained a whopping 100 lbs. I had pre-eclamspia, and a very difficult pregnancy though... not to mention a doctor that refused to listen to me. My second child, I began to listen to my own instincts, and actually lost weight. I still have the baby weight, and am still fighting to get it off... ten years later.

I haven't realistically tried to get off before now, though.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I gained exactly 26 lbs with each one of my 4 pregancies. Although my starting weights were diffrent each time. First- 165 lbs
    Second- 149lbs Third-155lbs Fourth-165

After my first I was on the Depo shot and gained more weight became over 190. Then worked hard and it took about a year+.

After my second I had some hyperthyoid issues and dropped over 50 lbs in less then 6 wks. It was really scary because I felt like the movie "thinner" I was eating all day long, everything in sight. My grocery bill was outragious! Then when I was nearly skin and bones went to the doctor. Man what I wouldn't give for that problem today. lol

After my third, it took about 3 months. Diet and exercise.

Well here I am after my 4th baby and he's two. I've actually lost some, gained some, but back to losing. Still haven't gotten down to prepregnancy.

Prior to my pregnancies I since they were planned I did happen to gain 10-25 before even concieving, due to changing my eating habits.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    With my 1st twin pregnancy, I gained maybe 35 pounds. With my 2nd twin pregnancy, I gained about 26 pounds. Never really took the weight off from the 1st pregnancy when I got pregnant with the 2nd set.

I was on bed rest a lot during both pregnancies, esp the 2nd one which was from weeks 20-34 when I gave birth. And I had a hard time eating anything because I had such horrible acid reflux and nausea towards the end.

Funny but I don't miss being pregnant at all!!!!
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    First - gained 50 lbs!! OH my. I lost it all very quickly without doing much besides breastfeeding. My skin went back where it was supposed to and all of that. I was 117 when I went back to work - 8 weeks. Most of my weight was fluid (I had preeclampsia).

By the time I was pregnant again, I had gained weight - started at 135. Day of delivery - 170 - so I gained 35 lbs. Back to 135 fairly quickly again (preeclampsia again, more fluid!) - probably about 3 months or so, but the weight went back up. My little girl was 8 months, I was 145. This time after losing the baby weight though, my skin was saggy and it is not my favorite look, for sure. I am hoping it tightens up and smooths out some as I lose weight and tone.

Fast forward to today: down to 126! Hoping to keep it up and send those pounds packing! I am losing the weight slowly but surely!
  • GangstaMa
    GangstaMa Posts: 39
    Options
    I gained 56lbs with my pregnancy. Pre pregnancy i was 120lb day i give birth i was 176lbs ( im only 5'2 btw!). It took me a good 6 months to get down to about 132 and right now im at 121...2 1/2 years later :) but its gone! YAY! Next pregnancy i would eat a lot healthier and exercise a lot more as well.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I gained 100 lbs my first pregnancy. Got it off in 7 months and literally the day I stepped on the scale and my prepregnancy weight, I got pregnant with my second. Worked out and counted calories the entire pregnancy and still gained about 40lbs.

I'd add pictures but I don't see where???
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Mine were all over the place!

#1- 40 pounds, lost it within 2 weeks
    #2- 70 pounds, took over a year to lose that!
    #3- 50 pounds, took about 3 months to shred
    #4- 15 pounds, lost it immediately, can't explain that one!
  • agranados87
    agranados87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just had my baby this past September and I gained 54 lbs :( I was 135 before I got prego, and 189 when I delivered. I ate horribly and I did exercise until I had some pre-term labor around 26 weeks. I am now almost 7 months post prego, and I have 7 lbs to go!! :) My goal weight was 140, so I'm only 2 lbs from my goal!
  • 916mom
    916mom Posts: 7
    Options
    ok i have three kids my first i gained 13 lbs with my first lost it all 18 with my second lost half that them my third that was born in Jan I gained ten lbs ive lost all that .. now let me tell you im far from bragging because i had 3 c-sections and i gained alot after my first two.. during my pregnancys was the only time i didnt gain weight and had to force myself to eat its after that i have issues im now up to 183
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I had my son in Jan, and before I got pregnant, I was 243. After I found out I was pregnant, my weight dropped to 225, and then a month later dropped to 220. (I did exercise between going back and forth to classes and my job had me going into the pressbox, yay for stadiums) and then it bounced between 217 and 219. After my son was born, they weighed me and i dropped to 204 and now i am currently 200...I recently rejoined mfp, but i started exercising again once I was cleared to go :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    1st pregnancy - SW 110lbs, gained 30lbs, lost it by 6 months.
    2nd pregnancy - SW 108lbs, gained 33lbs, lost it by 1 year.

I wasn't happy with my body after I lost the weight the second time. I was flabby,and had muffin tops. So I finally started working out when my son was 19 months. And now 6 months later, I feel good about my body again. I am still trying to lose more body fat and be more lean.
  • Poniesarepretty
    Poniesarepretty Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Baby 1: started at 175 and deliverd at 235....50 lbs! Took 1 year to gt back to 180
    Baby 2: startedvat 200 and delivered at 225..25lbs....she is now 18 months and i am down to 187 :) still have a ways to go but i am getting there