That dream in the back of your head...

Options
Margentine
Margentine Posts: 113 Member
Yes I want a dream body..but besides that ...

Since I dropped out of school when I was 17 and never went to college , I have travelled a lot and met a lot of people ,many jobs, had lots of fun, But I have that void of not having done something meaningful, the regret of not investing my time in academic acheivements. I feel like it's pending and dream of having a career in Dentistry. I dream to become a Dental Hygienists.

At 32 I still have no kids , i plan to have kids before 35 at least one...lol ,
I don't tell people my dream for there are many dream killers out there. But that is something that I really want to do.

What's your dream about?

Replies

• monty_williams
    Options
    Go on a month-long Antartic cruise/expedition.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to be a nurse. I have gone to school off and on through the years but have never stayed in.

Really weird: when I was being fitted for my wedding dress years ago the seamstress who was altering the dress asked me if I was a nurse. I told her no, but that it was my dream. She said she could hear it in my voice. ?? I have never forgotten that.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm living so many of mine now, but one I'd like to pursue is writing a novel. I love writing, but am not sure if I'm a writer. It's awfully daunting and filled with the opportunity to fail. But one day...
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    OP- what an inspiring post. Great idea. I do think that losing weight is such a psychological change that it makes you think you can do anything. Because I notice that I can make real changes when I have total and complete control over the situation i.e. my body.

I would love love love to be CMO of one of my favorite brands one day. I also dream of being a professional cheerleader. I have the personality and no how to achieve the look. Just not sure if the timing will work out for me.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I dream to become a Personal Trainer and am aspiring to be a fitness model. :bigsmile:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Becoming an electronic music producer, or doing something more arty at the very least.
    Travel a lot, for extended periods of time (6 months or so) - so many things I want to see.

Hope everyone manages to fulfil theirs! :flowerforyou:
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    To write and become published!!

I'm writing a book now but no one in my personal life knows. It's my little secret..shhhh
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    my dream is to travel to maldives for holiday Lolz ...and to have a baby as soon as possible as we have been ttc for 5 years!!!
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My dream is to get to use my law degree for something media and/or music related. To be an in house lawyer for Universal for example would be incredible or to get to work with Intellectual Property in general.

Something else I'm dreaming of doing is being able to take my mum on holiday - go somewhere amazing for a few weeks and just treat her. I can't put into words how much she means to me and how much I respect her for how hard she works and how much she sacrifices for me and my brothers so I'd like to give something back to her.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Becoming an electronic music producer, or doing something more arty at the very least.
    Travel a lot, for extended periods of time (6 months or so) - so many things I want to see.

Hope everyone manages to fulfil theirs! :flowerforyou:

Haha as mine is to be a music lawyer we should team up! ;)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    To live somewhere warm,now I just have to decide where.
  • ceh2433
    ceh2433 Posts: 35
    Options
    I dream to wear a bikini, i know it's a small dream but i want to have the confidence (stretch marks and all) to rock one on the beach. I also dream to not be a fat bride. I want peoples jaws to drop when they seem me.

I DREAM TO NOT CALL MYSELF FAT OR A WHALE!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Life is what happened while I was dreaming. Raised my girls, have a beautiful wife to spend the rest of my life with. Been all around the world. Tried all the crazy stuff. Surfed. Skydived. Bungee Jumped. Rafted. Cliff Dived. Climbed. Spelunked. Only one dream I haven't realized. To go to Culinary School and become a Chef. Will retire, relocate to Vegas and go to Culinary school in 5 years or so. Probably never going to work as a Chef, but that's not my goal. I want the skills, not the title.
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Growing up I always wanted to be a stay at home mom. I am currently living that dream with two wonderful little girls. I am currently taking culinary classes. My dream is to open a coffee shop that has it's own bakery and house-made gelato. I think I may do that in about 5 years once my girls are in school.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Since I dropped out of school when I was 17 and never went to college , I have travelled a lot and met a lot of people ,many jobs, had lots of fun, But I have that void of not having done something meaningful, the regret of not investing my time in academic acheivements. I feel like it's pending and dream of having a career in Dentistry. I dream to become a Dental Hygienists.

I don't tell people my dream for there are many dream killers out there. But that is something that I really want to do.

What's your dream about?

Hey OP...it's never too late. At 45, I finally earned my bachelor's degree! Better late then never right?

As far as my dream...I would love to be an event planner.
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options

What's your dream about?

Hey OP...it's never too late. At 45, I finally earned my bachelor's degree! Better late then never right?

As far as my dream...I would love to be an event planner.

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    To write and become published!!

I'm writing a book now but no one in my personal life knows. It's my little secret..shhhh

!!! That's super exciting!

I dream about owning my own company someday.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Move to Germany and teach English
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

What's your dream about?

Mine was a college degree, took a few classes in my youth but that was it. Started back at 43. Managed to get 2. One in my field and one for fun. It was worth it (mostly for my self satisfaction). GO FOR YOUR DREAM! (PS: Now it is lots of long motorcycle trips with my DH before we get too old) :flowerforyou:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Life is what happened while I was dreaming. Raised my girls, have a beautiful wife to spend the rest of my life with. Been all around the world. Tried all the crazy stuff. Surfed. Skydived. Bungee Jumped. Rafted. Cliff Dived. Climbed. Spelunked. Only one dream I haven't realized. To go to Culinary School and become a Chef. Will retire, relocate to Vegas and go to Culinary school in 5 years or so. Probably never going to work as a Chef, but that's not my goal. I want the skills, not the title.

DH and I will come for dinner!