Be Kind To Yourself

Options
I'm only 11 pounds down from when I started in January 2012 and I get disappointed in myself. I think we all have these days. I have to stop and tell myself that if I want it I have to put in more effort and be stricter with myself.

How we view ourselves can reflect on how we treat ourselves. If your friends talked down to you the way that you talk to yourself would you still call them friends? I know I need to work on this. How about you?

Replies

• txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think everyone does this! And your right....if a "friend" talked to me like that I probably wouldn't hang around them very much! Stay positive, your doing great! 11 pounds is awesome! Slow and steady wins the race and gives you a much better chance at keeping it off in the long run!! :happy:
  • Scarlettbird50
    Scarlettbird50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    that is 11 pounds thinner than you were, and yet I do this too, berate that I don't do better, lose more or as quickly as others etc. I think we have to commit to positive thinking as much as to healthy eating. Its all part of taking care of ourselves. To come down on our selves in a negative manner is just as hard on our journey as eating too much or cheating on the plan. It hurts only ourselves and our weight loss :) I haven't weighed in yet, its only been my first week....but your 11 pounds are looking mighty good to me about now! lol hang in there and stay positive
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    11 pounds is a lot! Think of how much hamburger meat that is! You're doing great!
  • twogirlsmama
    twogirlsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Susanlee152, that is a great way to visualize it, thank you!!!!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    that is 11 pounds thinner than you were, and yet I do this too, berate that I don't do better, lose more or as quickly as others etc. I think we have to commit to positive thinking as much as to healthy eating. Its all part of taking care of ourselves. To come down on our selves in a negative manner is just as hard on our journey as eating too much or cheating on the plan. It hurts only ourselves and our weight loss :) I haven't weighed in yet, its only been my first week....but your 11 pounds are looking mighty good to me about now! lol hang in there and stay positive

I see your profile pic is from HASFT! I love HASFIT!!
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    Be the Turtle not the Hare!:flowerforyou:
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am at 17 pounds and I think somedays that it isnt very much until I hold a 5 pound bag of sugar and think I would have to hold 3 of these plus some to equal what I have lost! Try it at the store, its an eye opener.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing as well. I lost 11 pounds so far. I would like to know that also.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have been told I am harder on myself, than on anyone else, and in all ways.
    I am a perfectionist, and that perfectionism got channelled into controlling my weight at the young age of 13.
    As a consequence, I tend to verbally beat myself up whenever I feel I am being 'greedy' or 'weak willed' around food, although I continue to eat, and make sure I have enough nutrition now, unlike in my younger days.

I wouldn't be able to advise on this even as I would be such a hypocrite.
    I treat myself quite badly really, whenever I make any mistake.