How LONG do you have to do this....

Options
..before you can walk by someone on campus carrying a chick-fil-a bag, smelling of freshly fried chicken and waffle fries, before you no longer contemplate tackling them down and running off with their food.

Just kidding... well sort of...

I want to hear some funny stories about moments of weakness or deserpation you have overcome.

Today I did not tackle a poor defenseless student for her waffle fries. Go me!!

Replies

• Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If you also bury the student to hide the evidence, you can count that as exercise ... so you'll earn those waffle fry calories back!! :bigsmile:
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Too funny!
  • JanineHarrison
    Options
    dang it... having to bump already
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well I'm real and not trying to be all fake like some posts you read saying they NEVER have any cravings anymore & they NEVER desire anything bad for them EVER. blugh .. gag me with a spoon!! LOL

I'm going to say that, for me, that will NEVER go away. You just have to have the small victories, such as yours today & deal with them accordingly!

The smell of birthday cake will always make my mouth water, so you know what, I'll limit myself to a 1"X1" piece with NO icecream.
    The smell of Pizza & Burgers will always smell de~lish, so I will blot the greeze off my pizza & get my burger with a side salad and maybe no bun.

I think you just have to deal with it the best way you know how!! & I think we'll have a lifestyle change that will be doable and and weight loss that we can maintain for a lifetime.
  • tbaker1330
    tbaker1330 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My big weakness if pulling into a Speedway gas station and going inside and seeing the doughnuts, twinkees, etc. So now when I go to Speedway, I get gas and dont go inside. Always craving buttered popcorn!!!
  • aNEWuNme
    aNEWuNme Posts: 21
    Options
    Haha... I cheat in secret. Everyone knows that I'm on a "health kick" as they like to call it. So if I eat anything that's not "healthy" they give me crap about it. So yesterday, we had cookies at our board meeting, and I didn't eat any at the meeting. But later, when the cookies had been moved to the office kitchen, I crept downstairs, looked around to make sure that nobody was watching, snuck into the kitchen, and very gently opened the plastic cookie container trying to avoid that popping sound that it makes when you lift the lid. I pulled out two oatmeal cookies, hid them in a napkin and ran back up to my office to enjoy them in secret. Nobody has to know lol. But I did record it in my diary!
  • JanineHarrison
    Options
    I have done that!

Also, I agree that I will always want these things. And maybe for others the whole abstaining thing creates a lack a desire, but not me. I gave up soda for Lent and just posted on my page yesterday that I will be having one on Easter and can not wait. Moderation is definitely key, but I'm going to have days where all wanna do is indulge, and those will be tough.
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love food, I will always love food. The biggest thing for me when I'm contemplating sneaking the cake in the back room and pretending the dog got to it is telling myself the cake isn't worth it and when I get home I can have a skinny cow bar or some artic zero or even a peanut butter sandwich if I have the cals for it. Sure I've failed from time to time but the weigh in after not binging is so much better that a weigh in after a slip.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I was on my first jog in a long time (I hate jogging in the cold) and I am feeling great YAY!!! Jog right past a street corner where they are stationed handing out free slices of pizza..........aaahhhhhhh, and of course they wanted to give me one..........and of course I wanted to take one, I pictured it in my head like grabbing a cup of water in a marathon. But alas I shuffled by and worked really hard not to jog in a big circle.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I would have been able to resist the waffle fries but the chicken nuggets would have been MINE. And if they happened to have a cookies and cream shake?! Hmm, wonder how many calories I have left for the day....

I love food and am not one of those folks who eats to live. I like healthy food and eat that most of the time but I do still love junk food. I just eat it in moderation now. And I am serious about checking my calories for that shake!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've been known to eat an entire pecan pie that was bought for Thanksgiving. I was compulsive about it. That's why my preference is not to have "bad" food around at all. But sometimes I don't have a choice.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Girl, I have a serious love affair with food. Just starting this week, so I'm interested in how this willpower thing goes.

Just gimme a fry, and I'll help hide the body!!! :happy:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I have two boxes of donuts in my car that I bought from a fundraiser at the school I teach. They may not be taken out...because I just may eat the whole box.
  • JanineHarrison
    Options
    Emmydoodles.... I can't help but laugh at your thought of doing the marathon water grab with the pizza. I actually had to bring some boxes of donuts into work (a univeristy campus) and some people were running by as I was crossing the street. I can't help but wonder it they were thinking the same thing.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Emmydoodles.... I can't help but laugh at your thought of doing the marathon water grab with the pizza. I actually had to bring some boxes of donuts into work (a univeristy campus) and some people were running by as I was crossing the street. I can't help but wonder it they were thinking the same thing.

Hahaha in my mind I am running in slo-mo and that famous running slo-mo music(I think it's called chariots of fire) is playing in the background.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing my significant other just informed me we are going to his friends house next weekend for a cookout. Last time we cooked out was a year ago and I wasn't paying attention to what I ate but it's nothing compared to how I eat now. First thing I told my bf was you kno I'm bring my own things to put on the grill right?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It never goes away.

When I'm dithering for 15 minutes over having my cheese stick for a snack or half the chicken sandwich my husband brought home from Burger King, I give in for the sandwich. I log the calories and know that I'm following the advice I'd give to anyone else spending so much time wondering which of something to have. I have opted for the lower cal item and found myself thinking about how the sandwich is so much tastier when hot rather than day old and cold. I even found myself unable to sleep because all I can think about is that sandwich.

I'm the same way about cigarettes. Haven't had any for 7 years, but when I walk by people smoking, I take a pause to enjoy myself.