New & need friends/support

Options
I'm Kelly and am going to finally do this right. I became very discouraged and am serious again. I need the support and would like to support others!

I have 40 lbs I want to lose and am working on a very low carb diet because I have PCOS and that's what works for me. I would love to have friends for motivation!

I had another account and had a ton of friends but didn't really "connect" with many. Just a few. If you recognize me and want to re-add me, feel free!

-KK :)

Replies

• graeturtle
    Options
    Hi Kelly! I've been an MFP member but haven't really added anyone. I am looking for a support group too whom I can interact with. I'll add you!

Grae
  • YuanitaFolk
    Options
    Hey Kelly
    I just joined today and they do say the more people you add the stronger your support system is I'll add you! Good Luck and were all here!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Low carb lady here too, insulin resistant. Good luck and I sent a friend request!
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly
    I just got serious about 2 weeks ago when I realized I was having trouble fitting into my summer clothes from last year (which were actually my "fat" clothes and I wasn't going to get any bigger. Sheesh. and here I am 10 lbs heavier than I was last summer. I have held myself accountable for the past 2 weeks and have managed to track everyday (having the app on my phone helps a lot) and I've made some friends on here that are motivating and that I help motivate and support as well. I'm hoping this is it - it seems to be working so far :)
    Good luck on your journey!
  • drexs_kk
    drexs_kk Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone and jeanineherndo I will definitely be talking to you if you're doing low carb cause I'm picky and need ideas!
  • MariConnors
    Options
    Hi Kelly - I'm somewhat new here too. I love this site. It will help motivate you if you keep on posting and inputting your food. I've never experienced doing a diet this way. It's great. I'll friend you if I can figure out how.
  • drexs_kk
    drexs_kk Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi Kelly
    I just got serious about 2 weeks ago when I realized I was having trouble fitting into my summer clothes from last year (which were actually my "fat" clothes and I wasn't going to get any bigger. Sheesh. and here I am 10 lbs heavier than I was last summer. I have held myself accountable for the past 2 weeks and have managed to track everyday (having the app on my phone helps a lot) and I've made some friends on here that are motivating and that I help motivate and support as well. I'm hoping this is it - it seems to be working so far :)
    Good luck on your journey!

Thank you! I have actually lost 27 lbs since last August but I've been at a plateau for a couple months and I'm going to try tracking EVERYTHING from exercise to food and see if it helps me start losing!
  • NWriceC
    NWriceC Posts: 28
    Options
    I too am looking for support on this site, have found that it helps and keeps you on track.
    Will send an invitation shortly.

Be strong! We're here for you!
  • y00py
    y00py Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Jeremy and I have lost 11 lbs so far. I'm really working my tail off to loose weight. I need friends that I can share this journey with.
  • claireyf12
    claireyf12 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey Kelly,

Welcome and good luck. Please feel free to add me as a friend, I have around 40-50lbs to lose and hve lost 24 so far, I dont stick to any particular 'diet' just try to eat healthy but dont deprive myself!!! xx
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As a heavy gamer, and known the red light food of carbs- I understand the need to cut them back!

:3 always looking to support those needed!

I've lost like 50, but gained back (lololdrama)- but back down to a loss of 23ish or so, so I'm feeling much better. 2012, my year of transition and good things!