When to weigh in??

Options
Just started my fitness regime this week and took my weight and measurements on Tuesday. I'm now happily carrying on with my fitness and diet but I am unsure when to re-weigh myself. I don't want to do it too much as I feel I may become a little obsessed. I was thinking every 2 weeks. What does everyone else do?

Replies

• NWriceC
    NWriceC Posts: 28
    Options
    I used to overdo it too, would weigh myself EVERY morning trying to see how much I lost or gained. Became a problem.
    Now I weigh myself every Sunday, have stuck to it and it means that much more.

Now I work towards each Sunday with my workouts.

Congrats on joining and taking the leap to get into better shape!

Care to be friends for support?

Nicole
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh in once a week, every Thursday mornings (aka: WHEN I FREAKIN' WAKE UP, cus I live a psudo-noctrunal life cycle) and after I have expelled wastes from my body. I do this before A) Food and B) Water.

I however only measure tape myself once a month, at the end, because you know- bodies shift and change a lot with weight changes and especially for a female.
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Support would be great.

I think i will try for every week too and see how I go x
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a week every monday and friday morning...its been working for me and I do body measurements once a month
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I weigh in religiously 3X a day,

-When I wake up
    - Right after I get home from GYM in the AM
    - RIght before dinner

Is it excessive/obsessive? Absolutely, however this is where I use my OCD as a plus....when I weigh myself before dinner, if I havent dropped or gained it helps me mentally control my portions.

Yes, I know that your weight fluctuates so much day to day (and sometimes hour to hour) depending on what have eaten, had to drink or lol, when you've gone to the bathroom.....but I dont get frustrated if it is a lb or 2..or 3 higher when I weigh in this often and whenever I drop...that's my new lin eof demarcation.

Does it work? Well I dropped 72 lbs in 4.5 months....it helped me.
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a fanatic about it, I weigh myself every morning and every evening, right when I wake up and right before I go to bed. Because I recognize that it drives me crazy, I only count Sunday morning weigh ins in my log.
  • graeturtle
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, after I wake up. It's a motivation for me and it's one way to jump start the day. :D