Excuses mean Nothing! (Share yours) :D

Options
In the past, I've been guilty of using excuses to justify an unhealthy life. This year, something clicked in my head like never before, and I realized that all my excuses are meaningless...they're just junk in my head that prevents me from living my best life. Now, they have absolutely NO power over me! I LAUGH at excuses! These are some of MY past excuses, and how I answer them in my head...Feel free to share your own! :)

"I'm too tired"---Yeah, well, so is everyone else....get off your butt and BEHAVE your way to success.
"I have a headache"--You'll feel better after a workout
"My alarm didn't go off"-- Work out tonight before you go to bed
"My kids woke up at 2 a.m."-- Soooo what?? Get your butt to the gym.
"I'm too sore"--LOVE the soreness, work through it, stop whining
"I can't afford the gym"---Do a video workout from YouTube
"I don't have time"--Get off the D*&^ computer, turn off the TV, get up earlier, or go to bed later, and MAKE time
"The weather is terrible"--Ok, drive slowly, and get your butt to the gym
"I'm scared of the big, scary guys at the gym"--Haha, well, they're about to be scared of ME
"This exercise hurts too much"--Um YEAH, that's cuz it's WORKING!
"I don't like cardio"--Get over yourself
"I overate, now I'm a total failure"--No, you're a human being who falls, and GETS BACK UP EVERY TIME!
"I didn't lose weight this week, this isn't working"--Just enjoy the journey, have patience, faith, and determination. Have FUN!

And hey, you know what, I'm not where I want to be yet, but I WILL be!! How about you?

Change your MIND to change your body.

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I don't accept excuses.. not out of myself nor anyone else. Don't make an excuse, if you don't wanna get your lazy butt up and sweat it out, admit it. Call it what it is. And then don't complain to me in six months or next year when I rock that bikini and you have to go buy a skirted tankini with a moo moo cover up... because you could have been there, right beside me, all along.
  • DivaDiane
    DivaDiane Posts: 73
    Options
    "I can't stay on a diet.......(whine, whine, whine)."
    Don't GO on a diet, go on a healthy eating plan. If you make better food choices, you can eat a lot of food.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My most FAMOUS excuse was....
    "It's too cold out and crappy weather to take the dog on a long walk or go jogging, I'll start my daily excusing again in the Spring!"-well you know how much added lbs can be added between now and then and then come Spring you know your excuse will be it's too hot I'll wait until it's a cooler day outside! Well get off ur butt stop making excuses and work out inside!

"I'm too tired, I'll work out even longer tomorrow to make up for it" -No I won't and 30 mins is not going to kill me or make me pass out from exhaustion so just suck it up and do it!"

"I'm too sore, I'll rest today!" -work another part of your body, my legs are killing me, okay so workout your arms and abs

"i'm too busy and have a full schedule today!" -really because right now you sre sitting on the couch watching tv and you aren't going to bed even,if you,plan on it in 20 mins...go walk the dog around the block to go potty before bed instead of letting them out back!

These are constantly the excuses I can come up with and the thoughts that go through my mind and hey, they seem to work and get me moving and this year something clicked and I dont male excuses anymore and if I do, I don't let them win! I'm in this for me and prove to myself I can do this and if I let my excuses wins, that me losing and I'm only punishing myse
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I don't accept excuses.. not out of myself nor anyone else. Don't make an excuse, if you don't wanna get your lazy butt up and sweat it out, admit it. Call it what it is. And then don't complain to me in six months or next year when I rock that bikini and you have to go buy a skirted tankini with a moo moo cover up... because you could have been there, right beside me, all along.

Love this....so true! You can only whine and complain if you've out in the hard work and dedication! Don't complain if you haven't done anything to make it better or change! I will not listen or feel sorry for you! Eating healthy isnt as hard as you think if you have the right mind set!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If it's important, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse. :tongue:
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with, but finally excepted that "excuses are just that.....excuses! and everyone has a boat load of them".
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My big thing is I never have time - in a way, I am right - I work full time, have a 4 year old, my husband works opposite schedules as me.

But.... I DO have time - as usually my husband doesn't work at 4 in the morning! Is it ideal? No. But it forces me to go to bed early - and sometimes not finish the dishes or laundry - but I get my workouts in with the time that I DO have - even if the only time I have is crappy!!!
  • xcrmonger
    xcrmonger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "My body wasn't meant to be skinny.'

''I'll make up for it tomorrow.''

''I worked hard today, I don't need to go to the gym.''

''I should be able to have dessert once in a while.''

The list goes on and on :|
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I used to use my TOM as an excuse. I get bad cramps so I would feel like crap and not want to work out. One day I said screw it, I'm going and you know what I felt a TON better after I worked out. So that is no longer a valid excuse for me.