Do You Consume all Calories Burned from Exercise

Options
I plugged in my goals in my fitness pal and told it my goals. It gives me 1,200 calories a day in order to loose two pounds a week. But when I exercise it gives me all of those calories too. I was consuming them but I just wasn't loosing weight very fast. So I cut back to only eating half of the calories I burned. What am I suppose to be doing to make sure I am consistently loosing weight?

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I try to each back some but not all of the calories I burn from exercise. My target is typically 1/2. But sometimes its more, sometimes less. I do know that if I net below 1200 calories for a couple of days, I end up feeling sick. So I try to net 1200 calories regardless of how much I exercise.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I eat back 50 to 75% of my calories from exercise and im still able to lose and average of 1.2-1.8lbs a week
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This topic comes up SOOOO much! My experience for what it is worth. Sad to say I have been a constant struggler with weight. When I was younger and needed to go on a diet, I didn't even know what it meant to eat back the calories burned from exercise. I am female, and usually decided 1500 was a good intake, and I exercised, and I always lost the weight. I have now discovered that at 53, that no longer works. What used to work for me doesn't any more, but when I started calculating the calories burned and ate those back, I lost weight! I was amazed by that. However, I am wondering if it makes more of a difference when you get older than it does when you are younger. I am still within a good weight range, but want to be at the lower end of the scale. I'll be interested to see what advice comes up for you!
  • Carendalynn
    Carendalynn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wonder this also, on my good days I eat back only about a 1/4 to maybe 1/2 of my calories, on a bad day I eat them all back and sometimes go over...I say bad day because when I eat all my calories I do not feel as good or as accomplished as when I don't eat all my calories. Don't they say burn more calories than you consume to stay healthy?