Anyone have a Six-pack and then find out they are Pregnant?

Options
ShoeDeahva
ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
I have been relunctant to really shred up because I know Hubby and I are trying. Are you more or less likely to get stretch marks? Thanks in advance for your response!

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't know about stretch marks but I would think that having strong muscles to support the added weight would be a good thing. IDK. I plan to try to get pregnant later this year and I wonder how things may be different this time around as well, I was in awful shape with my first two pregnancies.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks tend to be a hereditary thing. I don't think it matters how toned or muscular you are when it comes to that. It depends on how elastic your skin is!

However...having stronger abs WILL help with carrying the baby and when it comes time to push him or her out! I had SUPER strong abs when I carried my first one and within 3 pushes he was out (and I was induced...which supposedly makes labor longer). The Doctor was shocked.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump, would like to know that as well!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Whew...thought this was started by that lady I met in a bar last Jan.:embarassed:
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i have some but very minamal and i gained 55lbs with my pregnancy
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I didnt have a six pack, but I did drink a bottle of wine the night I got pregnant....
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is also a concern of mine. We want to get pregnant some time this year.

I fear not only the loss of a 6 pack that I may or may not achieve, but I fear the weight gain :(
  • amzasmommy
    amzasmommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are hereditary. I've had 2 kids and have none despite gaining a ton of water weight w/ both. I was more toned w/ my first and bounced back a lot quicker than with my 2nd.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My mom told me having a toned strong abdomen will help for me to get my body back into shape after having the baby. (I personally have not had any kids yet and she had 5 so i take her advice lol)
  • MMullen49
    Options
    My doctor said that stretch marks are hereditary. So nothing you can do to prevent them if its a genetic gene you carry.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think stretch marks can be a heredity thing. Some girls getting bad with one kid and others do not get them at all. I had 3 kids and not a single mark, then the 4th kid gave them to me. Then more with 5 and 6! BOO!!

BUT, if I had to do pregnancy all over again, I would rub coconut oil on my belly. I am not sure if it would work, but I have been using it to rejuvenate my tummy skin, and I think it looks better. Not perfect, but better. I also eat 1 tbsp of virgin coconut oil every day.

Sooo...again, I am not sure if it would stop them...but I think it would be worth a try. (Not coco butter, but actual coconut oil) Cocobutter made my pregnant belly break out in a horrible rash!!!
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    whether you get stretch marks or not depends on your skins natural elasticity.

Personally I had a 6 well 8 pack before I fell pregnant and had no stretch marks on my stomach but I don't carry weight there naturally, I didn't look pregnant until a long way through my pregnancy but I did suffer with a fair amount of discomfort with my muscles being stretched out - my sister was the same in her last pregnancy when she was at her fittest
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY read the title wrong.

I've been doing that all day.
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    I didn't have a six pack but I lost 60 pounds and then found that I was pregnant.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks have nothing to do with your abs. Having abs is beneficial, however, to maintain tone during pregnancy. I am 21 weeks pregnant. I had a 4 pack and I still do my daily sit ups. Although they are obscured by my lil baby bump they are still there and will be when I have the baby. I will then just have to lose the extra belly fat to make them totally visible again.
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    I didnt have a six pack, but I did drink a bottle of wine the night I got pregnant....

LoL mine was after my husbands Christmas party.....
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    I have been wondering this myself. I dont have a shredded 6 pack however, my stomach is very tone and now there is a high possibilty I am prego.. . . a little scary to think what it will do to my body as this would be my first child. However, The hubbs and I are very excited, anxious, all the little emotions that go along with your first! :wink: