Cabbage Soup Diet

Options
I really am interested to see if anyone has tried it and stuck with it for the full seven days and if it worked! I love cabbage and I feel like I could at least do the diet for a couple days but seven??

Replies

• jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Got to be the most disgusting thing i did in my life ever...Managed 5 days and was ill...I struggle looking at a cabbage these days...And if i ever smell it cooking...Arghhhhh...And that was around 15v years ago i tried it..Lol

Deffo not for me.

But good luck and get your hubby to sleep in another part of the house..:devil:
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Lol that made me chuckle! I'm just wondering if it works before I try it!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It works, but you don't really learn any healthy eating habits in the process. And it really is kind of the opposite of portion control because they say you can eat as much as you want. You never really learn what hungry actually is.

I did it about 12 years ago and I'm sure I lost a few pounds but it didn't fix the underlying issues so I gained it back.
  • jonski1968
    Options
    It worked in a sense...First couple of days i lost loads..Probably mostly water. By day 3 i was only eating 2 or 3 bowls...day 4 i started feeling really off...Day 5 i felt terrible...Maybe it was just me...But i`d never do it again..

Oh and within 3-4 days of feeling better, i'd put it all back on and more...
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Options
    Oh I've learned healthy eating habits. I lost 90 pounds eating right and exercising. I am approaching 40 this year and my weight has gone up a bit and I just wanted to give it a boost to get over this slump of teeter tottering two pounds!
  • jonski1968
    Options
    I`m sure you`ll find a better way...ANY other way...Lol
  • gazgirl
    gazgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tried it in 2005 and I did lose 18lbs in three weeks but after i started eating normal food I gained everything back.
    you're lucky you like cabbage. now I can't stand the smell of cooked cabbage.:sick: :smile:
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Options
    I'm thinking if anything, it will help me get rid of fluid retention which will be nice!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You could try 30DS or Power 90 or really any of the exercise routines--just pick one and stick with it. Quick fixes always have consequences.
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Options
    ^ I agree! I usually love doing kickboxing but I have an elbow injury (tennis elbow) that prevents me from doing anything with it like that :/
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It works, but you don't really learn any healthy eating habits in the process. And it really is kind of the opposite of portion control because they say you can eat as much as you want. You never really learn what hungry actually is.
    Same here. Tried it years ago and definitely worked for me. Good if you want to lose a few pounds before en event, but not long term. Making daily healthier choices & portion control has been much easier for me to manage.