Whoa!

Options
I went to get into my usually snug jeans and was like...whoa! They didn't fit anymore. I mean, they are like 2 sizes too big. That blew me away! I've also lost 20 pounds. I'm totally in shock! :noway: I can't believe how easy this is.

I have a couple of friends who are trying to loose weight too and they always ask me. I referred them to this site and they can't seem to stay on track with eating. One of them said that they just can't do it. I guess it IS a personal choice. I wish there was something I could do for them. My weight was causing some serious health problems...I'm not ready to die yet. :ohwell:

Anyway! Woot! Someone asked me the other day if my loss was inches or pounds...I was like, "huh?" I didn't notice the inches until I tried on my old jeans...so I guess it's both.

I wear scrubs on the job. I was able to go down a size which made me so happy....EVERYONE is noticing and someone says something just about every day....that's so encouraging!

:smile:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I went to get into my usually snug jeans and was like...whoa! They didn't fit anymore. I mean, they are like 2 sizes too big. That blew me away! I've also lost 20 pounds. I'm totally in shock! :noway: I can't believe how easy this is.

I have a couple of friends who are trying to loose weight too and they always ask me. I referred them to this site and they can't seem to stay on track with eating. One of them said that they just can't do it. I guess it IS a personal choice. I wish there was something I could do for them. My weight was causing some serious health problems...I'm not ready to die yet. :ohwell:

Anyway! Woot! Someone asked me the other day if my loss was inches or pounds...I was like, "huh?" I didn't notice the inches until I tried on my old jeans...so I guess it's both.

I wear scrubs on the job. I was able to go down a size which made me so happy....EVERYONE is noticing and someone says something just about every day....that's so encouraging!

:smile:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I can't wait until my jeans are falling off of me. I actually have been shopping in the "woman" section or whatever the store calls their 1x-3x clothes. It is really embarrassing to me personally, and I can't wait to wear clothes that are a little more stylish again.

It's too bad some people find this site hard to keep up with. I love this site, but I am a stay-at-home mom and maybe it is a little easier for me to hop on the computer and log in my food after every meal. It couldn't be easier to see where your problem areas are after you see the numbers in black and white, though! Portion size used to be my downfall until I saw how many calories a cup of something was!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    way to go!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    WOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Jaxkipi,
    I know how you feel, I'm also a nurse and just yesterday I put on the next size smaller scrubs! It was a wonderful feeling. Everyone is starting to notice and say things. It's great!!!! I also have one more week left in the diet pool at work and I believe I am the winner. We did it for 12 weeks and I think the winner gets $250. Money for a new wardrobe, Yeah!!!!
  • jaxkipi
    Options
    Jaxkipi,
    I know how you feel, I'm also a nurse and just yesterday I put on the next size smaller scrubs! It was a wonderful feeling. Everyone is starting to notice and say things. It's great!!!! I also have one more week left in the diet pool at work and I believe I am the winner. We did it for 12 weeks and I think the winner gets $250. Money for a new wardrobe, Yeah!!!!

Hey! What a great idea! Honestly, on our floor, every nurse is eating healthy and a majority of them are on various diets...someone made a comment the other day that someone is on a different diet. Two are on weight watchers. One is on physicians weightloss. Another on jenny craig. Two are eating healthy and counting fat and calorie intake. And I'm being seen by a bariatric clinic. We need to do this weightloss pool. I did that once...but I didn't win. Lol....

Good luck! That's awesome! :drinker:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jaxkipi
    Options
    CONGRATS! I can't wait until my jeans are falling off of me. I actually have been shopping in the "woman" section or whatever the store calls their 1x-3x clothes. It is really embarrassing to me personally, and I can't wait to wear clothes that are a little more stylish again.

It's too bad some people find this site hard to keep up with. I love this site, but I am a stay-at-home mom and maybe it is a little easier for me to hop on the computer and log in my food after every meal. It couldn't be easier to see where your problem areas are after you see the numbers in black and white, though! Portion size used to be my downfall until I saw how many calories a cup of something was!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to wear 2x pants and 2x tops. I wore male scrubs for the length and sometimes had to buy 3x (for the length). My scrubs were huge and made me look like a giant balloon. I was pushing someone down to radiology at work...and another nurse I work this, my mentor...I told him that the new XL scrubs I bought are baggy in the butt and may need to go down to L soon. WOW! Me?? In LARGE???

I have (had?) to buy all my clothes in the women's section of the department store...or go to the PLUS size section. I enjoy shopping at Lane Bryants...because I don't feel bad in there. But I don't always have the money to go in there...and like you said....find myself in the plus sized sections of the department stores....some of the clothes are like...."heck no!"

Anyway, soon, we will not have to shop there anymore....but as long as we do, never mind what people say or think...we're doing something to improve ourselves...we're awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • fabflo72
    fabflo72 Posts: 29
    Options
    I"m sooooooo happy for you on all your success!!!!!!
    It is a life style choice and a darn good one. I wish you unlimited happiness, love, health.Keep strong to your path and keep in mind all your accompishments.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great feeling huh???

I also wish I could help my friends stay on course like I have. I just can't make them think a different way. They need to come to that point themselves I guess.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options

I have (had?) to buy all my clothes in the women's section of the department store...or go to the PLUS size section. I enjoy shopping at Lane Bryants...because I don't feel bad in there. But I don't always have the money to go in there...and like you said....find myself in the plus sized sections of the department stores....some of the clothes are like...."heck no!"

Anyway, soon, we will not have to shop there anymore....but as long as we do, never mind what people say or think...we're doing something to improve ourselves...we're awesome!! :flowerforyou:

Yes, Lane Bryant has way better clothes and I have 2 of them close by. I felt kind of embarrassed when I took my mom and she bought me some clothes. She was really sweet and didn't say anything, but I was uncomfortable with the fact that most other stores don't really have anything in my size, especially jeans. I put on most of this weight recently. That was one of the times that I thought--I need to do something to feel better about myself...

But good for Lane Brant for making awesome, stylish clothes for the curvy woman!