Mahi Mahi

chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I am not a big fish eater but I do like Mahi Mahi when I've had it at while eating out.....our gorcery store had it this week.....How can I cook it??? What's your favorite way....

Replies

• Coated in butter/butter PAM and hit it with some lime. Grill it. Throw it on a bun with some light mayo, lettuce and red onions. Maybe tomatoes but I never eat the things.

I've seen a lot of recipes with italian dressing marinade and grilling it too but haven't tried it.
  • mead
    mead Posts: 68 Member
    grilling and bast it withbutter and lemon juice and lemon peper is good too :blushing:

20370.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chrissyh
    no salt and pepper or other seasoning besides the lemon/lime??
  • no salt and pepper or other seasoning besides the lemon/lime??

I'd say definately no with the salt because I personally think it would kill the flavor. I love pepper and I didn't really feel the need to put it on either.
  • Mahi Mahi is awesome! I like to cook mine in the oven - about 375 until flaky. I season it with season salt, butter spray and freshly squeezed lemon. The cooking time depends on the size. You can ask the meat dept at your store how long they suggest you cook it for.
  • chrissyh

I'd say definately no with the salt because I personally think it would kill the flavor. I love pepper and I didn't really feel the need to put it on either.

Thanks I'll have to try it with the lime - I hadn't thought about lime....
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    I spray my my George Foreman with pam and grill for about 4 or 5 min. I don't use salt and pepper usually. I like the taste the way it is. But lemon or lilme sounds good if you like that.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • no salt and pepper or other seasoning besides the lemon/lime??

The first time I had Mahi Mahi was when I was TDY to Key West at some random resturant on Duvall St. It was awesome and since then I always do the lime.
  • chrissyh

The first time I had Mahi Mahi was when I was TDY to Key West at some random resturant on Duvall St. It was awesome and since then I always do the lime.
    I've had it blackened and fried and loved it both ways so I had to try it at home...we'll see how it turns out
  • chrissyh
    I bought some Weber Mango Lime seasoning - sprayed fish with olive oil spray, seasoned with the weber - grilled - SO GOOD and so easy!
  • Lorie8
    Lorie8 Posts: 4
    Men's health had a recipe that was quite simple, use fresh lime and cracked black pepper and pan sear it. I make it for my hubby regularly and we love it!! It also had a recipe for lime mixed with yogurt to put on it but we think it is great without it.
This discussion has been closed.