Ongoing weight loss struggle but not giving up!

Options
I have been overweight all my life and have tried some of the diets out there with short term success

There came a time where I just gave up but I am back with renewed vigor and refuse to give up this time

For once I will fulfill my new years resolution:smile:

I am glad I discovered MFP because pple are supportive and encouraging here. Weight loss is a tough battle and is a lot more than a numbers again....there are so many emotional and psychological battles/issues involved at times....

I am turning 35 this year and want it to be the best birthday ever with my celebrated weight loss:drinker:

Hope to make some new friends here for added motivation and support:flowerforyou:

Replies

• daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't know anyone on this site so some new friends for strength and motivation would be ggggrrreeeeeeeeeaaaaattttttt:laugh:
  • rawheeler38
    Options
    Add me- we can motivate each other! :)
  • daisyverma
    Options
    Sounds good :smile:
  • hdg1822
    hdg1822 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too have been overweight whole life. I have started using this website with some great success. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want - I try and post positive comments daily to encourage my friends.
  • RuthEvanville
    Options
    Add me as a friend. It has been my struggle my whole life. I would suggest you try to think of 5 lbs. at a time instead of looking at the tolal amount of weight you want to lose.

Ruth
  • ajz2010
    ajz2010 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I have been overweight all of my life. It's taken me a while to get where I am today, but I have a little bit left to go to get to where I want to be. Each year I say this will be the year, and obviously I have failed every time :( But THIS year is it! We can root for each other! Good luck to all of you and feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • daisyverma
    Options
    thank you for the encouraging words :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • KimmyLouie
    KimmyLouie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am new to this site. I joined last week but have not really been on here. So just wanted to say Hi! And I know we all want the same thing to get healthier than we are right now no matter what level we are at right now.

I was once one of those people who ran 5 miles everyday. But alas, no more LOL
    I am having trouble making myself walk every other day right now. Bu I must do it for no one else but ME!!

Here's to 2012 the year of ME for all of us!:happy:
  • daisyverma
    Options
    I too am new to this site. I joined last week but have not really been on here. So just wanted to say Hi! And I know we all want the same thing to get healthier than we are right now no matter what level we are at right now.

I was once one of those people who ran 5 miles everyday. But alas, no more LOL
    I am having trouble making myself walk every other day right now. Bu I must do it for no one else but ME!!

Here's to 2012 the year of ME for all of us!:happy:

:drinker: here here
  • British_Flava
    Options
    I too have had an uphill struggle with my weight, so I welcome any new friends for support! :-)
  • daisyverma
    Options
    its really nice to have motivational support from people on MFP

add me if you like!
  • kelsiemason
    Options
    I too have struggled with weight and the motivation on MFP is great to keep a person going. I know you can do it.
  • KimmyLouie
    KimmyLouie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too joined recently. I think getting friends on this site would be great! We can all do this together.
    So if you want to be friends let me know!