am i eating clean or do i just think i'm eating clean?

Options
llllnn
llllnn Posts: 18 Member
if "abs are made in the kitchen," and what you eat is related to your body composition, then why do i carry extra fat?

i'm vegetarian, i don't eat processed foods with lots of ingredients, i don't eat anything with sugar, i don't eat any wheat. thus, i eat nothing but clean, healthy food.

why is it that my abs aren't made in the kitchen?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Is your diary open? People could make suggestions.
  • llllnn
    Options
    oh, that might be a problem. i tried keeping a food diary on here but it felt like too much work for me and i despised counting calories. i eat pretty much the same thing every day, though:

breakfast - big bowl of oatmeal with lots of fruits and some walnuts
    snack - apple, goat cheese, tangerines
    pre-workout: hard boiled egg
    lunch: often it's cooked spinach, some grain, tofu, asparagus, and pieces of sweet potato
    dinner: either an omelette and salad or yogurt
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    The whole 'abs are made in the kitchen' thing is not just about clean eating, it's also about the necessary deficit for losing bodyfat. In order to see your abs, most people have to get their bodyfat down to a certain level. It takes time.
  • llllnn
    Options
    the necessary deficit thing does make sense, but i kept track of my calories for a couple of months and i had that deficit. as far as time goes, i've been eating like this (as outlined in my first post) for two years.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Because your taking it out of context. People want their abs to show and despite working out their abs, or working out in genreal, they still find their abs not showing.

The answer is in reducing body fat, which has nothing to do with eating clean per se, it's about reducing calories that helps burn body fat, which in turn exposes more musculature. Abs are made in the kitchen because lowering body fat is about calories, not working out or clean food.