Has anyone tried the 17 day diet

Options
Im considering trying the 17 day diet and I wanted to see if anyone had tried it?

Replies

• MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    I haven't heard of it...what's it about?
  • LilBelieve
    Options
    bump
  • mazari
    mazari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday I don't have much to lose just want to shift around half a stone on Monday morn I was 137 pounds this morning 134 so good for me as been trying to lose this stubborn 7lb since xmas more focused now as holiday in may
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    That's how I got my start. I stayed on it for 2 complete cycles. Some days I felt it was HARD because I cannot stand being told NO to anything:laugh: But other days it was easier to know that I had to pick from a list of certain foods. I lost 'only' 8 pounds in those 34 days. This would have been great if not for watching my then best friend and my mom lose more than 13 in that time frame. :tongue: I still (7 months later) incorporate things that I did then into my current plan. I drink a hot glass of lemon water every morning religiously. I try to stear clear of carbs after 2pm (doesn't always work out). And I eat a heck of a lot more sweet potato and brown rice as opposed to white starches. I think it works, but like anything else in this world of weightloss... it's all about how YOU go for it :happy:
  • jacksmom35
    jacksmom35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just got the book and am thinking about it too! Looking forward to reading feedback!
  • Skinnygirl1995
    Options
    yes, tried it.. It works if you can stay on it, I got really tired of chicken and ground turkey really fast but i did lose 14 lbs the 1st cycle...
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't last more than a week or so....I was constantly starving and was sick of greek yogurt and lemon water.
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds on the 17 Day Diet. The first cycle was really hard and I didn't lose much, but once I moved to cycle 2 the pounds started coming off.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did it about a year ago and lost about 20 pounds. It's a good program! I found myself backsliding since about Christmas - regained about 10, so am trying this now. The 17 Day Diet recipes are all very good - there just aren't enough of them!
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you do it, ignore the meal plans in the book, because they'll leave you at a calorie deficit. You need to eat a minimum of 1200 kcal (women) to 1500 kcal (men) per day. And no, the recipes in the book are not particularly inspired, so I don't follow them. I do however follow the number of servings of fruit, probiotics, etc per day, and make up my own recipes within the parameters of the foods allowed in each cycle. Here you'll find a huge (and growing) number of very inventive and compliant recipes for all cycles: http://17ddgal.blogspot.ca/2011/11/recipe-links-thedoctorstv-website-c1.html

Folks who are not losing or gaining weight on this diet usually aren't eating enough. Also, there is absolutely no reason why you should go hungry--protein and vegetables are unlimited in the first two cycles.

Having said that, I love the 17DD. It's not a diet so much as a lifestyle change, and it definitely works and is very easy to stick to, because you never feel deprived. You may also want to check out the 17 Day Diet Facebook page, for recipes, advice, success stories, venting etc.
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    As of Monday I will have been on the 17 Day Diet for 3 months. Last Sunday I hit 30 lbs lost. I don't mind the restrictions and you get used to it. It is nice though that you get to change it up every 17 days, in my opinion I'm ready for a bit of a change after 17 days. I've been following it fairly strictly with a few exceptions like i probably have a bit more cheese than is recommended and I have a few cans of diet pop a week. Also, with increased exercise, I've really found that I've had to increase my caloric consumption or I end up so hungry. I've been trying to hit 1600 net calories a day. I never realized prior to this year how hard it is to consume enough calories when you're eating clean and healthy.