Insanity question

Options
I am on week 4 of Insanity. I am suppose to start my recovery week Monday, then of coarse month 2.
However I have been really sick this week and missed some workouts.
Do you think I should redo week 4 next week? I am really hoping for some good results and want to do it right.

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    No harm in redoing week four =]
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would re-do your week. When I did Couch to 5k, I always re-did weeks if I didn't feel ready to move on or missed runs.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i think re-doing week 4 is a good idea, as I hear month 2 is really crazy.
  • melbellkid
    Options
    definately redo week 4...recovery week is not quite as bad as the rest of the workouts but still challenging...but what you are about to next....you may want to work up to again if you have been sick!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Thanks for the advise!
    I dont feel ready to move on after being so sick. Hopefully after another week 4 I will be ready to get my butt kicked by month 2.
  • Genozid
    Genozid Posts: 30
    Options
    You're going to want to wait until you're healthy, and re-do week 4. You don't want to make yourself any more ill by working out too soon.

Hydrate, take a few days off without worrying about it, and get back into recovery week, the next month is going to be hell.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That is a good question, I am anal, and would re-do week 4 if I missed a couple of workouts, then have recovery week and start month 2. I was starting to catch a bug also during Insanity, but was lucky enough to push it. My plan if I had to miss a workout or two was to repeat the week that I missed.

In the end, you have to be comfortable. If you are like me and Must complete the complete program, the repeat the week, it could not hurt. Or, here is another option I was considering -

During recovery week, the days you did not miss this week, do recovery, and the days you missed, do the planned for this week. So say you missed Wed & Thur, do the recovery workout, Mon and Tue, then week 4 workouts Wed & Thur.

Hope this helps.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i think re-doing week 4 is a good idea, as I hear month 2 is really crazy.

yes, Month 2 is crazy, fun, but crazy
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    If you are going to redo a week I'd say redo week 3 then week 4. Week 4 is not as intense so redoing that is not really going tp prepare you for 2nd month workouts. It is important to DO week 4 so your body can recover but you want to be ready too!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    When healthy again I would redo it. If you need to take more than a week off consider starting over from the beginning because you want to build that stamina back up. Now, get healthy and go kick some *kitten*!!!! ;-)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I dont think I could take a whole week off. Maybe just the rest of this week.
    I think if I had to start over from the beginning I would get discouraged or bored and stop.
    I will start week 4 up again on Monday and see how I feel after that week. If I dont feel "ready" to move on I might redo week 3 at that point.
    I normally work though when I am sick, but this cold is on my chest making working out impossible.