Snacks, snacks, & snacks

Options
HugznKiki
HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
Hi pals!!!

I'm looking for snacks or quick meals that are good to eat that are low in calories, carbs, and sugar but, HIGH in protein. I want to start adding variety in my lunchbox and I'm having a hard time meeting my protein goal wihle staying under my sugar and carb intake. I am getting bored with the same things (I am currently using GNC Lean Pro Shakes to help beef up my protein intake). On and I don't eat red meat... Little help please??

Thanks!!
Kiki

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem other then nuts I don't know what else is high in protein an low in everything else. I'll be watching this thread
  • Rosemarose
    Rosemarose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk, milk, plain yogurt ( i add honey to it, but you can add your protein powder as well)
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    In particular, Greek Yogurt is high in protein.
  • HugznKiki
    Options
    Yeah its sad....I'm looking at my diary and the only thing that is low or carb and sugar is eggs and bacon.....I think I could probably live off of that pretty well ;D j/k
  • mroos1
    mroos1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem, I have been drinking 2 protien shakes a day and it seams to help and it also fills me up.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    A bowl of leafy green spinach leaves (not the iceberg kind) with a half cup of cottage cheese on top and two boxes of mini raisins. Ymmmmmm...my latest every day salad......

Snacks...cool whip mixed with dry sugar free pudding mix.........

a spoonful of peanut butter.......

fruit..fruit and more fruit......

a flat bread wrapped around a copule of slices of turkey breast and some lettuce leaves....
  • dizzymomma
    dizzymomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been buying Weight Watchers string cheese - it's only 50 calories a stick, but it has a really good taste!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I love string cheese..almonds..and hard boiled eggs.
    Tuna salad wraps with spinach and shredded cheese...yum :tongue:
  • HugznKiki
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!